Page 252 of 281 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2804

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trykmann View Post
    Neuville is not a world champion due his own driving mistakes. Ofcourse he has had technical problems, but a lot rallies have been lost by himself. Lets think about Ypres 2022 or 2023 Croatia

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk
    How about Monte-Carlo & Sweden 2017 when he was leading comfortably and crashed out in both? Germany that year? Catalunya? Toyota were still fresh and that Hyundai was fast (& relatively reliable) straight out of the box and even the great Ogier only managed to win twice that year, half the times Neuville had won. I’m not saying he’s had his fair share of issues but the fact that he’s always struggled in Finland with his car tells you something and I’m sorry someone mentioned how many times he’s beaten Tänak in the same car, let’s not forget that he developed that car from scratch and Ott came during covid year, last year on equal terms he beat Neuville fair and square, even on his own back yard (due to Neuville’s mistake). Now, how many times has Neuville come close to Tänak or even Evans for that matter in Finland or Estonia? As someone earlier mentioned it, I’m sorry but yes, he doesn’t have it, does it mean he should retire? No, he’s one of the contributing factors for making the championship interesting, however IMHO Hyundai should’ve given him the boot last year, and stick with Ott instead, but that ship has sailed.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

2. Likes: AndyRAC (19th May 2023),EstWRC (19th May 2023),Jakem (19th May 2023)
    Liked 177 Times in 108 Posts
    Neuville could be champion in 2018, when he was leading rally Turkey and leading a Championship, but he had to retire due to technical issue..

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    A pity none of the Hyundai drivers have shown much interest in doing the N24 with Hyundai; Jari-Matti did it in a Focus ST back in the late 00s.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

5. Likes: Eli (19th May 2023)
    Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    A pity none of the Hyundai drivers have shown much interest in doing the N24 with Hyundai; Jari-Matti did it in a Focus ST back in the late 00s.
    They probably wanted more money....

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trykmann View Post
    Neuville is not a world champion due his own driving mistakes. Ofcourse he has had technical problems, but a lot rallies have been lost by himself. Lets think about Ypres 2022 or 2023 Croatia

You chose 2 examples in which if he had won, nothing would have changed, since he was not in the fight for the championship (I doubt anyone will be in the fight against Kalle for long this year). Also, imagine Hyundai being mad for Ypres 2022 after causing Neuville and Tanak to retire or lose minutes for an infinite amount of gremlins for half a season
    The only serious mistakes that costed him the championships were in 2017. In 2018, the biggest blow was the defective damper his car had in Turkey, which could have been a crucial win.

8. Likes: Corcaíoch (19th May 2023),steve.mandzij (23rd May 2023)
    Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CeskyOndra View Post
    Neuville could be champion in 2018, when he was leading rally Turkey and leading a Championship, but he had to retire due to technical issue..
    His best chance was 2017. He should have been champion then but he blew it by crashing in the first 2 rallies while having no reason to push.

But some people seem to forget that he's 5 times vice champion, 4 times behing ogier. Anyone claiming he is not in the top 3 is just not seeing clearly.

10. Likes: Corcaíoch (19th May 2023),Katvala (19th May 2023),steve.mandzij (23rd May 2023)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    You chose 2 examples in which if he had won, nothing would have changed, since he was not in the fight for the championship (I doubt anyone will be in the fight against Kalle for long this year). Also, imagine Hyundai being mad for Ypres 2022 after causing Neuville and Tanak to retire or lose minutes for an infinite amount of gremlins for half a season
    The only serious mistakes that costed him the championships were in 2017. In 2018, the biggest blow was the defective damper his car had in Turkey, which could have been a crucial win.

2018 Turkey was indeed a technical issue, caused by mechanic not doing his job properly in service. But then in Australia, still in the title fight, he made mistake and lost his chance already on SS6.

Liked 844 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    2018 Turkey was indeed a technical issue, caused by mechanic not doing his job properly in service. But then in Australia, still in the title fight, he made mistake and lost his chance already on SS6.
    Every driver makes mistakes during the season, even Ogier that year was off road in Portugal and Turkey (and the timecard stuff in Sardegna). The point some people are making here, is that Neuville apparently blew so many chances for the championship for driving mistakes, when only in 2017 you can pinpoint what made him lose the title - in retrospect, since the biggest mistakes were in the first 2 rallies.
    I'd say the biggest "lost championship" moment belongs to Evans in Monza 2020 while driving the best car, should he be booted as well? Don't think so.

13. Likes: Corcaíoch (19th May 2023)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    In 2018 Neuville went off in Monte, Finland, Wales and Australia.

15. Likes: cali (19th May 2023),EstWRC (19th May 2023)
    Liked 103 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Yes, these were the latest ones and did not affect the championship standings.

Let's take a look at 2019 season then. The crashes in Chile and Turkey did not help at all with the competiton against Tänak.

When you are driving against champions like Ogier, then you just can't afford these kind of mistakes. Ogier made usually one mistake per season.

I like to see him in the championship and he is fast as the other best drivers. He just too often makes costly mistakes and looses valuable points.

Last edited by trykmann; 19th May 2023 at 10:30.

17. Likes: cali (19th May 2023),EstWRC (19th May 2023)