Page 195 of 281 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2804

Thread: Hyundai WRT

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    Moncet is not respected as a leader by the Hyundai drivers so he cannot be the one.

As I have said before, for god’s sake, dear Koreans please just decide about team manager’s position!!!!!
    And please don’t quit in 2023!
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

2. Likes: cali (22nd August 2022)
    Liked 616 Times in 327 Posts
    Is there anything to say the Redgrey deal goes into next year? It's pretty clear Hyundai want out of everything. Obv then not much of a pull for Tanak.

If they pull out of Rally1 manufacturers next two years I'm sure they'll be chased through the courts, it's not worth it so don't worry. They'll do the very minimum though with drivers who are willing to go unpaid or even pay IMO.

It's a shame if they go at all but 11 years is good going historically. They've got 2 manufacturers titles, their spell is done.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    ....They'll do the very minimum though with drivers who are willing to go unpaid or even pay IMO....
    Did you accidentally switch to MSport?
    Cause Hyundai is currently running likely the two most expensive drivers in WRC and prolonged their contract not that long ago (about a year).

(Not counting Ogier who is not doing whole season and Kalle who likely signed contract for less even though his current value might be higher)

Liked 616 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Did you accidentally switch to MSport?
    Cause Hyundai is currently running likely the two most expensive drivers in WRC and prolonged their contract not that long ago (about a year).
    Currently, yes. A lot of changes happened in the last year and clearly they are not steaming on in the same way. They might prefer/mutually agree for Tanak to leave, I consider this done. Neuville seems part of the furniture at least and obviously if he has a solid contract it'll be honoured but I wouldn't be surprised to see them part ways. As for driver #2 and #3, they don't have to pay anybody, that's where we're at.

Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    They might prefer/mutually agree for Tanak to leave, I consider this done.
    A month ago, you would probably have been closer to being correct. Now? Where could he go? He would have to have mental problems to jump to M-Sport. That chance (and the desirability of making it happen) has long gone. He'll be driving an i20 for at least another year.
    Neuville seems part of the furniture at least and obviously if he has a solid contract it'll be honoured but I wouldn't be surprised to see them part ways. As for driver #2 and #3, they don't have to pay anybody, that's where we're at.
    I would guess (since that's all us armchair experts can do really) that Neuville's on the same sort of contract as Tanak. So the current lineup - well, two-thirds of it anyway - are set until the end of 2023. What happens then, and with the third car, is an open question.

If they are set on leaving, it will almost certainly be at the end of 2024 that it happens. It doesn't make much sense to pack up before then, it'd cost just as much to do that as to just run the car as they have been doing until the end of the homologation cycle. The parent company can easily afford it, and don't have a diesel emissions scandal hanging over them, like VW in 2016.

I don't see it with quite as much doom and gloom as it seems you do. Things aren't rosy, that's for sure, but despite that they've caught up pretty quickly with a team/car everyone feared would be utterly dominant (even beating them fair and square in their own back yard, winning a rally that neither of the previous leadership regimes ever managed), and far surpassed the team famous for adapting well to new regulations. The more time passes, the better their car seems to get.

As I said, things seemed in the toilet a month ago. If they'd put out a press release announcing their withdrawal, it wouldn't have been such a surprise. Now, though? It really looks like they've turned a corner. The car clearly isn't a bad one (if it ever was). If they can get their house in order, there's no reason they can't stay indefinitely. They need to as well, because it doesn't seem at all obvious where a new manufacturer would come from, and Ford look like they're flogging a dead horse with their current driver lineup and level of manufacturer investment.

7. Likes: cali (22nd August 2022),skarderud (22nd August 2022),WRCStan (23rd August 2022)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    I really hope Hyundai keeps going. The MSport/Citroen era was bad for the sport. If something like that happens congratulations Kalle for 2 or 3 titles.

9. Likes: cali (22nd August 2022),Eli (22nd August 2022)
    Liked 2,129 Times in 924 Posts
    Eric Boullier new team boss..? Former Lotus and McLaren F1 team boss for nearly 10 years.

French guy.. more to Neuville's side?
    https://www.rallyssimo.it/2022/08/22...eric-boullier/
    Last edited by TypeR; 22nd August 2022 at 16:25.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    thats hell of a name if its true
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    At the moment he is the organizer if the French GP which is rumored to lose its place on the Formula 1 calendar.

13. Likes: cali (22nd August 2022)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Eric Boullier new team boss..? Former Lotus and McLaren F1 team boss for nearly 10 years.

French guy.. more to Neuville's side?
    https://www.rallyssimo.it/2022/08/22...eric-boullier/
    Seems like the Italians know a thing or two, based on Dirtfish anyhow: https://dirtfish.com/rally/eric-boul...-lead-hyundai/
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig