Page 24 of 70 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Rally Argentina

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Look on the brightside, its the closest end to the first leg we've had in years!....and there you are all moaning about Super Special Stages. We'll have a great battle on our hands if we just have the rest of the stages as SSS's(how many S's?!?!)

Liked 69 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jidoka
    What about the spectators who actually follow the sport. Those who planned to take in Fridays stages and see some proper rallying? Will they still be interested after this incident?

A SSS is a great idea if it can be accommodated properly. In this instance it was not.

Someone is trying to be blind. The problem of Argentina was not the SSS's, the problem was an SSS 750km far from the HQ of the rally. How many times is needed to be wrote?

The SSS bring rally to public from the cities, and IMO this is a very good thing. Spectators on the roads are being less year by year. Not all the people wants to go to the montais and spend there an entire day eating dust. He need to have a flexible mind to look at rallying and motorsport in general, but we must have our brain in real world and no to try to cover all the country to make one single SSS!
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    Someone is trying to be blind. The problem of Argentina was not the SSS's, the problem was an SSS 750km far from the HQ of the rally. How many times is needed to be wrote?

The SSS bring rally to public from the cities, and IMO this is a very good thing. Spectators on the roads are being less year by year. Not all the people wants to go to the montais and spend there an entire day eating dust. He need to have a flexible mind to look at rallying and motorsport in general, but we must have our brain in real world and no to try to cover all the country to make one single SSS!
    So should a rally be comprised totally of SSS???
    I'm totally agree with bringing rallying to the maximum possible audience. I don't like diluting the sport to the extent that it becomes simpliy a lap of stadium.
    This is not the history of the sport and I don't believe it is the future.
    "We are in the ****, but the championship is long. Mugello will be difficult because of the long straight. But we will fight there with a knife between the teeth!" Valentino Rossi

Liked 69 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jidoka
    So should a rally be comprised totally of SSS???
    I'm totally agree with bringing rallying to the maximum possible audience. I don't like diluting the sport to the extent that it becomes simpliy a lap of stadium.
    This is not the history of the sport and I don't believe it is the future.

Did i said that rally must be only SSS??? Is dificult to show you the point...
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This rally is a disaster guys.

What a trainwreck.
    Ken & Alex in WRC? Awesome!http://www.monsterworldrallyteam.com

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    The problem are not the SSS, the problem is a SSS 750km away from the HQ of the rally. Please don't mix the things.

SSS are good to the rallying because they create interest in lot of spectators that usualy don't follow rallying.
    Sorry mate but it's you who mix things, Rallying and SSS are two different things, two different Motorsport discipline, and for the good of Rallying, SSS shouldn't be there me think
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GunsofNavarone
    http://www.wrc.com/page/News/Breakin...021286,00.html

In light of the cancellation of today's special stages, WRC.com is now offering free access to the WRC+ live video coverage of tonight's and Sunday's Super Special stage which will be run in the Cordoba Stadium.

The broadcast coverage will begin tonight at 1905 local time (2305 GMT) and will continue Sunday night at 1305 local (1705 GMT).

Thank you for following Rally Argentina this weekend with WRC.com
    Thank you for following the rally? They're lazy with reports and took ages to get us some news! Bull! In return to the SSS, I'm not sure, it brings the crowds in, though I hear that the stadium was half full?! Silly decision.......but i'm not against the fact of SSS's..... or am I? (hav to think)
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Sorry mate but it's you who mix things, Rallying and SSS are two different things, two different Motorsport discipline, and for the good of Rallying, SSS shouldn't be there me think
    Yeah, the SSS can be annoying. But there have been a couple SSS that were good. You gotta admit it's fun watching the WRC cars on the Monaco Grand Prix circuit that F1 drivers can only dream of sliding around.

The Algarve Stadium stage in Portugal had enough straights to let the cars reach greater speeds. And where else could Gigi Galli have gotten on top of the car like he did? That was great. You can't do that at the end of a normal stage, with like 50 people around.

I think the Rikubetsu stage in Japan was a good compromise. It's a real stage, just shorter and more accessible. I also think it's better for rallying to have a real stage close the rally, with the SSS as the penultimate stage like in Norway.
    My all-rally blog: because rallying should be FUN!
    amberie.wordpress.com

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Just watched Day 1 review on wrc.com...... pffftttttt
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Weather & starttimes

How does the weather look like today, and when is the start of todays stages planned for in GMT ?
    Keep It Simple Stupid !