Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    I think that's total tripe and you know it. Mercedes are not going to sabotage one driver so the other can win and Lewis has shown complete maturity in times where he's come in behind Nico.

Let's not continue the credibility nose dive.
    It's a shame that some folks create these stories for themselves. Lewis has matured into a fine driver and definitely matured as a man over the last couple of years completely. It's a shame people can't appreciate him for what he is instead of laying their own baggage on him. It was the same with Schumacher. Instead of appreciating a truly great driver, people just loathed him and that was their loss. Same applies to Lewis.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    I think that's total tripe and you know it. Mercedes are not going to sabotage one driver so the other can win and Lewis has shown complete maturity in times where he's come in behind Nico.

Let's not continue the credibility nose dive.
    You seem to have forgotten that he looked like someone stole his girlfriend after the Monaco GP qualifying. He is without a doubt one of the best drivers of is generation, but like Alonso he can't really reign in his emotions, and let's face it, he'd be VERY po'ed if Rosberg beat him in the championship. Merc doesn't need to sabotage Nico, giving him a team order to let his closest rival in the championship pass was more than enough to let him know that his leading the standings is a temporary anomaly.
    Last edited by dj_bytedisaster; 14th June 2016 at 11:51.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster View Post
    You seem to have forgotten that he looked like someone stole his girlfriend after the Monaco GP qualifying. He is without a doubt one of the best drivers of is generation, but like Alonso he can't really reign in his emotions, and let's face it, he'd be VERY po'ed if Rosberg beat him in the championship. Merc doesn't need to sabotage Nico, giving him a team order to let his closest rival in the championship pass was more than enough to let him know that his leading the standings is a temporary anomaly.
    Hamilton looked miffed but was professional in all his responses. He's human and like any driver he is able to show emotion every now and then.

Merc give team orders to both drivers when a win or points advantage is at stake. The Monaco order was more in line with giving the team maximum points than personally helping Lewis, and this worked.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I'd rather ask if Rosberg revival is possible. He has had 2 subpar races in a row and quite frankly I expect Hamilton to edge him in most straight fights. I'd really like Rosberg to give a real fight against Hamilton in WDC, but I'm afraid he doesn't "have it". Still a good driver though...

5. Likes: henners88 (15th June 2016)
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    If I were to bet I'd bet my money on Hamilton. He's just the better driver and the bigger douchebag.

Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    I'd rather ask if Rosberg revival is possible. He has had 2 subpar races in a row and quite frankly I expect Hamilton to edge him in most straight fights. I'd really like Rosberg to give a real fight against Hamilton in WDC, but I'm afraid he doesn't "have it". Still a good driver though...
    I think he does "have it". I think he's amongst the best ever seen in F1 but he is unfortunate that he is up against someone of Lewis's level.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I think he does "have it". I think he's amongst the best ever seen in F1 but he is unfortunate that he is up against someone of Lewis's level.
    How subtle

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Rosberg amongst the best ever? Then F1 history must be rather short - last couple of years only.

Rosberg amongst the best ever? Then F1 history must be rather short - last couple of years only.
    I certainly rate him towards the top. I've always rated him extremely high and, in fact, when he and Hamilton became team mates I wasn't convinced that Hamilton would be able to beat him. He has done so but it's been closer between him and Hammy than it has against any other team mate Hamilton's had. And lets not forget, Rosberg is the only proven beater of the great Michael Schumacher.

You missed the point here. If Rosberg is one of the greatest, then Hamilton is simply the greatest greatest.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk