Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
Mads and Ola had to break Rally Sardinia on today's final leg, just 2 km before the finish.

"We hit a rock that broke a drive shaft front," said Mads. "It happened over a" crest "in a veibytte, with a fence on" Innern. " I'm not really quite sure what we met when I see inboard, other than that it was hard. We came forward with rear-wheel drive, but right before the finish the car stopped completely. The loose shaft has damaged one or other of the motor, and it was just to park. "

Up to this was Mads and Ola in the fight for the podium, and there is a disappointed Mads, who continues: "This was properly sour. We've resolved the issues that have slowed us earlier this year before this race and we had a car which worked out perfectly. Then we are ready to fight for the top times again and the fight for a podium place in the race. We would have liked to been in the fight until the goal. But that's it, and that's the game. Very rough roads here, but it's whatever I like sitting at the wheel who are responsible. "

It is not clear whether Mads and Ola can start again tomorrow. But with an engine that is not running, so it is doubtful. The team manages the incredible when it comes to repairing cars in record time, but the damage to the engine, there are strict restrictions on what they are allowed to change. The decision on it will be taken when the vehicle returns to service.

http://www.madsostberg.no/Home/PressArticle/1064
I didn't see that rock on the highlight, but he hit a stone side gate wall. I'm not sure how this would break a driveshaft though....