Page 88 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    One thing for sure. Meeke will not appear behind wheel of VW Polo next coming years.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    I think Capito just confirmed that Meeke is the second fastest guy in WRC.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

3. Likes: Allyc85 (23rd May 2016),bluuford (23rd May 2016),er88 (23rd May 2016),Rallyper (23rd May 2016),RAS007 (24th May 2016)
    Liked 16,102 Times in 6,990 Posts
    video where Maciek hurt from the jump

https://el-gr.facebook.com/WorldRall...3673379740678/

5. Likes: Mirek (23rd May 2016)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    There is no other choice. Atmospheric engines disappear from the car market and there aren't many base engines left. For example whole VAG doesn't sell any NA R2 suitable engine in Europe, be it VW, Škoda or Seat. Only turbos. It's not much different with other manufacturers and it will only change towards all turbo when the old NA engines run out of their production life.
    I think Skoda build a 1.6 NA engine based on the new EA211 series but it is only sold in Russia?

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I think Skoda build a 1.6 NA engine based on the new EA211 series but it is only sold in Russia?
    That was however Fabia II. I don't know what they currently sell in Russia to tell the truth. Anyway the Fabia R2 engine was built by private motoring engineer Mr. Kouřil, not by Škoda Motorsport. The whole car was only homologated by Škoda but otherwise it was all private initiative (still the engine was probably the best part of the car).

Anyway the point stays. The NA R2 engines are tailored racing units whereas I believe that the Fiesta R2T uses near stock engine.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    video where Maciek hurt from the jump

https://el-gr.facebook.com/WorldRall...3673379740678/
    Looks like the car landed by right rear wheel in the ditch and therefore directly on the rear sumpguard. It must have been a big shock for the bodies.

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    That was however Fabia II. I don't know what they currently sell in Russia to tell the truth. Anyway the Fabia R2 engine was built by private motoring engineer Mr. Kouřil, not by Škoda Motorsport. The whole car was only homologated by Škoda but otherwise it was all private initiative (still the engine was probably the best part of the car).

Anyway the point stays. The NA R2 engines are tailored racing units whereas I believe that the Fiesta R2T uses near stock engine.
    But I presume NA R2 engines have to be based on a road car engine, and what I was saying is that there is a modern NA 1.6 engine in the VAG range.

The only VAG car currently being sold with 1.6 NA engine in Europe is Rapid for Russian market (Fabia isn't officially on sale in Russia anymore). Theoretically the engine can be still used because FIA changed the rules for Opel but I don't see much reasons to do that. New 1.0 TSI sounds like a lot better option, also for marketing purposes.

Liked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Russian market is a bit different from typical european market (also because of fuel quality), so simpler engines are popular here. But still, NA engines needs much more tuning to give same results as those 1 and a bit litre turbo engines. Besides, they can make full use of beefy torque curve and possibly added reliability. Ok, not so spectacular, but who cares, if it wins?

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    So, Capito tells Autosport that Kris winning in Portugal is devaluing the championship?!

Capito is the guy that wants the time differences in the two or three first days be divided by 10, so to close the whole field up (much like putting out a safety care in circuit racing to increase the action), and then he suddenly dont like Meeke winning because his starting position helped him?!?!?!

Its great for the championship that we have different winners! Finally there is some real excitement!

Only logical solution to this is that Ogier has told Capito that "either you fix this starting position thing, or i quit rallying."

Read the full article here:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...rs-devalue-wrc
    Capito has never made any sense ever... He is also contradicting himself all the time.

I won't cry for his demise.