Page 252 of 421 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 4205
    Liked 1,787 Times in 423 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by car View Post
    N.O.T.... you've just had your a*se handed you big style!
    I am dissapointed.. I thought he was god..
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

2. Likes: dimviii (1st November 2016),DonJippo (1st November 2016),hsmed (2nd November 2016),jiipee64 (1st November 2016),Munkvy (1st November 2016),OnlyRally (1st November 2016),spark13 (5th November 2016),the sniper (1st November 2016),tommeke_B (1st November 2016)
    Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    If the news are true... I really doubt Citroën or M-Sport can pay for Ogier. He's going to be hugely expensive and he's not going anywhere out of sentiment. It's Hyundai or Toyota who can pay.
    why citroen cant pay Ogier? didn't they payed Loeb for a decade?
    imho Ogier will go to citroen,the reason is that this is the team is most capable to be world champion.

Liked 311 Times in 117 Posts
    VW leaves the championship, but can be replaced by Skoda, Seat? Other brand of the group. May be we just have only one part of the announcement???
    "C'est une triste chose de songer que la nature parle et que le genre humain n'écoute pas" (Victor Hugo)

Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by macebig View Post
    Citroen (unless patriotism takes over) won't give him undisputed No1 status over Meeke.
    nice point! I am dreaming dogfights without No1 status,and the best ever stage end interviews from both.lol

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Why?

Why?

Sorry but there is no logic in both statements.
    A.Ogier price is north of 3mil and he comes with undisputed No1 status.All of Hyundais drivers cost less than 2mil and Neuville /Paddon won't be happy by being pushed aside.
    B.Citroen may be able to pay the price but Meeke won't be contend with No2 status.Plus,Ogier doesn't have the best of relationships with Citroen.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    David Evans from Autosport is suggesting Ogier may end up at M-Sport, but that sounds pretty unreasonable.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    imho Ogier will go to citroen,the reason is that this is the team is most capable to be world champion.
    Because PSA has a lot less cash than Toyota or Hyundai. Let's see but with Loeb it was different since he was with them since the beginning and his position towards the brand and its marketing was somewhat different.

A.Ogier price is north of 3mil and he comes with undisputed No1 status.All of Hyundais drivers cost less than 2mil and Neuville /Paddon won't be happy by being pushed aside.
    Hyundai is one of the wealthiest car makers in the world and their WRC spending is probably close to VW and way higher than of Citroën or M-Sport. They are there to win and Ogier is the key.

B.Citroen may be able to pay the price but Meeke won't be contend with No2 status.Plus,Ogier doesn't have the best of relationships with Citroen.
    Sorry but it's insane not to give clear No.1 status to the very best driver around. Every WRC manager would have to be completely crazy not to offer No.1 seat to Ogier.
    Last edited by Mirek; 1st November 2016 at 12:58.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    The world champion comes on the market at short notice. Frankly half of this stuff you mention goes out of the window.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

10. Likes: EightGear (1st November 2016)
    Liked 28 Times in 12 Posts
    I can't see Ogier sitting out another year from the WRC. He'll want to drive next year and defend his title and will go where he thinks he will have the best chance at that. As I said earlier I think it'll be Citroen. I know there is history there but they can both offer each other something. Ogier offers his speed and consistency and is a far more developed driver than what he was when he left Citroen in 2011. Citroen can offer him a car that has been built to win the World Championship. Yes there is Kris Meeke there and could reignite that feeling that was there when Loeb was his team mate but given the opportunity to have them both in one team, I think Citroen will take that. They may not offer him the money he was on at VW but that wont matter.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Someone just asked if I knew anything about WRC (I chose to ignore the implication) - at this time of year contracts, even if not public, are very much tied up. 4 teams with a 12 seats is an interesting game of musical chairs! Regardless of whether Citroen would pay for Ogier there is a huge barrier to that happening, namely Matton. Maybe a French member would like to comment but I'd be amazed if the 2 guys could form a working relationship. So, of Ford, Hyundai and Toyota; only Hyundai seem to have the car / cash combo to appeal to Ogier (Unless Ford are now boosting M Sport funds). This would require Hyundai to buy out one of their pre-contracted drivers.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!