Page 148 of 421 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 4205
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    I think this is a problem also for other professional around WRC. Starting with the misterious people behind WRC+ and the ones behind live coverage and so on.
    I think only the radio guys are a bit involved in what they are talking about (even if they can improve as well).
    the WRC+ guys and the TV guys are a disgrace as employees... they deserve to be on the dole, it is a cruel thing to say and i would never say such a thing for anyone on a serious note, but these guys are just the reincarnation of incopmetence.

Liked 16,104 Times in 6,991 Posts
    I think only the radio guys are a bit involved in what they are talking about (even if they can improve as well).
    same clueless too.

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    same clueless too.
    The radio guys are like civil servants for the WRC, the service they provide is needed (especially the end stage interviews) but the way they do it is unattractive and boring, i stopped listening around 5-6 years ago maybe more i cannot remember since the only reason was the end stage interviews but since we get these through rally-base now there is no need for that ear pollution.

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Just as a side note. Maybe this photo/video talk should be split from the News & Rumours thread?

I agree that most people filming professionally rallying are pretty useless at it. It's like everyone can film something, yet only a few are capable of creating films with stunning cinematography. I haven't filmed any rally since 2014 Finland - the rally where last of my gear got destroyed. So instead filming I spent the time spectating and guiding my friend, who was completely rookie at filming rallies, tho he had decent filming experience.

It took 2 days to get the shot to look nice and we didn't even get to discussing what spots are best for filming as I was busy attempting to kill my second GoPro and taking 360 photos on film.

I go on and on about TV as that's my field of work, but the short answer is that there really aren't many rally fans who could make the step to the pro level. So in a way it's a lose-lose scenario. One thing I liked in the McMaster article was that local and national events are good practice grounds. Practice makes perfect or what's the saying.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Just as a side note. Maybe this photo/video talk should be split from the News & Rumours thread?

I agree that most people filming professionally rallying are pretty useless at it. It's like everyone can film something, yet only a few are capable of creating films with stunning cinematography. I haven't filmed any rally since 2014 Finland - the rally where last of my gear got destroyed. So instead filming I spent the time spectating and guiding my friend, who was completely rookie at filming rallies, tho he had decent filming experience.

It took 2 days to get the shot to look nice and we didn't even get to discussing what spots are best for filming as I was busy attempting to kill my second GoPro and taking 360 photos on film.

I go on and on about TV as that's my field of work, but the short answer is that there really aren't many rally fans who could make the step to the pro level. So in a way it's a lose-lose scenario. One thing I liked in the McMaster article was that local and national events are good practice grounds. Practice makes perfect or what's the saying.
    we had a german guy Darkstar many years back i think but he disappeared (check youtube his work was amazing), amateur filmographers like KKS, bunnings and rallymedia.nl should be hired as advisors to the WRC TV crews.

6. Likes: Rallyper (20th July 2016)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    same clueless too.
    I think this is a bit too harsh. I guess I know what you mean to say. Me for example, I would like to listen to some proper analysis of what is going on during the rally by highly competent people but still I think they are more competent than other collegues on other fields and at least you can see/listen they care about the sport and actually like it.

According to rumors Kubica could be back in a rally car At Rally Coppa Cittą di Lucca (Tuscany) with a Clio S1600 this weekend.

9. Likes: TWRC (20th July 2016)
    Liked 39 Times in 25 Posts
    According to rumors Kubica could be back in a rally car At Rally Coppa Cittą di Lucca (Tuscany) with a Clio S1600 this weekend.
    will they change gearing system?

Quote Originally Posted by marcosg View Post
    will they change gearing system?
    What I wrote is all I know. I will keep you up to date if I discover more.
    Please consider it is just a rumor and I am not certain about the source.

12. Likes: marcosg (20th July 2016)
    It seems it is true Kubica will enter the rally but nothing is official because he has to get the approval for the different gearing system.