Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Sorry buddy, no attempt on my side to be condescending to you. I like to go with facts. I would take issue with Hamilton if l thought for a second that he was wrong. As l would do with any driver on the F1 grid. I think you should try to support your arguments with some facts and l shall be the first to agree with you.

As far as the Kimi issue goes, there are two points to Kimi's question; one was to do with the maneuver that young Verstapenn pulled on Kimi that forced him off the track. Second, was his [Kimi's] maneuver on Bottas that took out of the race and a 3rd place podium position.

I have not seen the Verstapenn incident, hence l have not commented on it. I did see the Bottas incident and that was an over-ambitous move by Kimi. A rookie type move which he was duly penalized for.

Now there are two scenarios to being forced off track; the action was intentional or it was not intentional. Non-intentional counts for situations where the offending driver had little or no control on the situation that resulted in the other driver being forced off the track. The video evidence that l provided seem to show that Hamilton was making an effort to turn into the corner and as such leave some room.
    The other scenario which is what the stewards are ruling against; is where the action is intentional. That's where the driver has full control of the direction of the car but can be seen to take visible action to push the other driver off the track. If the Verstapenn incident fall under this category, l would not know as l have not researched it. But Kimi's action at Mexico on Bottas fall under this category.

I hope this clears things up for you. And l don't have a thing for Hamilton. He is a brilliant racer and triple world champion, that is someone that one cannot help admiring.
    Thanks for your controlled reply .
    I was being a bit snotty there .

My point was that in this case , Lewis was on a trajectory that didn't allow for Nico possibly being there .
    It is a fair point that he did turn the wheel to no avail , but his speed precluded the possibility of leaving space .
    If one takes this evidence at face value , it was a simple mistake to slide wide into his team mate , pushing him wide over the curbs .

But , in defense of his actions , Lewis admits to believing it was his corner .
    So , he drove through .

Both Lewis and Nico figured they had a right , and at some point there must be a rule that makes it ok to not give that space .

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I hear what you're saying Bagwan but every incident is different so one rule doesn't fit all, unfortunately.

In the case of Lewis and Nico, Nico could have just as easily backed off and kept second as easily as Lewis could have not given him room. Take Lewis at the start of the Mexico GP, he knew he couldn't get Rosberg around the outside so he didn't even attempt it even though they were alongside again. Rosberg could have done the smart thing Lewis did and backed out too in Austin.

As for Kimi, because very situation is different I can't say e.g. if I have momentum towards the outer-line and the other driver blindly and knowingly tries to go around me, why should I lift off? On the other hand, should I change my chosen entry line to intentionally push someone wide is different again, so we can't just apply one rule and say that it applies to every situation.

This is why I think that applying rules to overtaking maneuvers is so futile, much like track limit boundaries. All scenarios can never be fully encapsulated by a rule or set of rules because every incident is different.
    In the case of Lewis and Nico , Lewis was the one who slid , and could easily have lifted , to make the corner without losing grip .

I agree , though , that backing out and going inside might have worked better , given that he knows his team mate has a history of doing this .
    But , to a degree , I think , Nico is still trying to fruitlessly make the same point he was trying to make back in Spa last year .

It is tough to come up with rules , but consistency in how existing ones are applied is almost more important , and more what we are talking about .

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    In the case of Lewis and Nico , Lewis was the one who slid , and could easily have lifted , to make the corner without losing grip .

I agree , though , that backing out and going inside might have worked better , given that he knows his team mate has a history of doing this .
    But , to a degree , I think , Nico is still trying to fruitlessly make the same point he was trying to make back in Spa last year .

It is tough to come up with rules , but consistency in how existing ones are applied is almost more important , and more what we are talking about .
    Well Nico too has a history of doing these things, lets not forget Ricciardo in Hungary this year, same idea, similar situation and I think Ricciardo was wrong there because he should have lifted and backed off once the position was lost. Once on the outside your position is automatically compromised.

Liked 1,090 Times in 607 Posts
    Where does Nico go? Why, no where of course! He makes his money right where he is.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Where does Nico go? Why, no where of course! He makes his money right where he is.
    Exactly. Nico is in the best team in F1 with the best car and best chance of winning the WDC.

He just needs to beat Lewis over the course of a season and only he is in charge of that. Personally I don't think he can handle the pressure of a title fight as we've seen error strewn performances at times when he's needed to deliver. On his day he can beat lewis however. He needs to prove himself and he's only too aware of that.

This time next year he could be a 1x WDC or Hamilton could be smug with his fourth crown.

6. Likes: N. Jones (2nd November 2015)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I also think Mercedes backed Rosberg in Mexico as he was in desperate need of a morale boost. He drove well and needed that win.

8. Likes: N. Jones (2nd November 2015),truefan72 (3rd November 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Well Nico too has a history of doing these things, lets not forget Ricciardo in Hungary this year, same idea, similar situation and I think Ricciardo was wrong there because he should have lifted and backed off once the position was lost. Once on the outside your position is automatically compromised.
    I don't recall that one , but I'd love to see it to compare , if you can manage it .

I do see it as a bit of a gambit , going around the outside , and if we put the obligation on the shoulders of that driver to be at least fully even with the other driver inside , so that he is fully sighted by a guy looking into the corner , then we have solid criteria for going outside .
    The inside driver needs only to leave room if he isn't passed on the way in . But , the most critical part of it would be that he always be able to do so .

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I don't recall that one , but I'd love to see it to compare , if you can manage it .

I do see it as a bit of a gambit , going around the outside , and if we put the obligation on the shoulders of that driver to be at least fully even with the other driver inside , so that he is fully sighted by a guy looking into the corner , then we have solid criteria for going outside .
    The inside driver needs only to leave room if he isn't passed on the way in . But , the most critical part of it would be that he always be able to do so .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdTN1A0W7tM

Well, looking at it again it's not exactly the same, but it's after the move was over and Rosberg exited the corner, that's when Danny should have backed off as Rosberg had the inside line. The beginning of the incident is the same but on the exit of the corner, is about the point I'm making.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Lewis Words in this article is an indirect admittment that he played a Dirty move on Nico in the US GP. He know very well why the team have to give Nico one back, he made his one bed. Respect, ha ha ha, no ...... way.

http://planetf1.com/news/lewis-merc-...rm-to-rosberg/

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I've read his comments too. He's a very graceful man. It's just so easy not to like him. He's basically bitching and moaning the team didn't favor him. Apparently the team having the same strategy for both drivers means the team is extra warm to Rosberg. What an a$$***

13. Likes: Mia 01 (3rd November 2015)