Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    So do we forget Hamilton has won the world championship this year, his second in a row and start hailing Nico as the better driver because he's won a couple of races? He has certainly had the better of Lewis in qualifying this year but considering the superiority of the car he has not beaten his teammate and was in danger of losing second place in the WDC only a couple of races back. Last year there were too many instances where Lewis forced Nico into mistakes, out breaking himself under pressure and I think mentally lewis has had Nico covered this past 2 years.

Nico could win the last race by 10 seconds+ but it means nothing. He needs to beat his teammate over the course of a season and needs to be winning from the early part of next season in order to give himself a decent chance. Nico needs to stay at Merc and so does Lewis.
    Yeah , man .
    Forget all that stuff . It's in the past .

What's he done lately ?

Sorry , henners , old man , I seem to have wound you up again .
    Just pointing out that the title is a bit absurd , with suggesting Hammy might need to go .

There is a grain of truth to it , though , as his head does seem a little larger of late , with some of his latest quotes about Michael , and then about some of his competitors .

And , you , of course , need your team behind you .
    Questioning them won't help .

2. Likes: Mia 01 (24th November 2015)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Rosberg's cheaper , less hassle , and would have won without Lewis in the way , so should it be "Where does Hamilton go from here ?"
    I doubt Hamilton would be going anywhere else as long as the Merc remains the team to beat. He is in a team where he can win championships and there more opportunities for him to up his tally of world championships. He has delivered the goods to Mercedes as prescribed by his contract and Mercedes would be crazy to let him go. Besides he is tied in for a couple of seasons at least.
    That said, where would he want to go to, given the opportunity? Ferrari? Mclaren? I can't see any of these options as viable options as they lack the performance criteria to suggest they could win championships at this time.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    I remember the fallout between Lewis and Alonso 2007. Noone thought Alonso would go, but he had to. This time its Lewis time.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Yeah , man .
    Forget all that stuff . It's in the past .

What's he done lately ?

Sorry , henners , old man , I seem to have wound you up again .
    Just pointing out that the title is a bit absurd , with suggesting Hammy might need to go .

There is a grain of truth to it , though , as his head does seem a little larger of late , with some of his latest quotes about Michael , and then about some of his competitors .

And , you , of course , need your team behind you .
    Questioning them won't help .
    You haven't wound me up. Mercedes are not going to let the guy who has won the last 2 WDCs and who is worth a hell of a lot more in marketing revenue and who promotes the brand in North America. He might be a bit of a nob but he's good for business. Questioning the team is small fry in the grand scheme and Nico does his fair share of that.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    I remember the fallout between Lewis and Alonso 2007. Noone thought Alonso would go, but he had to. This time its Lewis time.
    Everybody expected Alonso to leave McLaren in 2007, he blackmailed the team and his fallout with Lewis was just the start.

Lewis has delivered for the past 2 seasons and i don't agree the team should settle for second best. Rosberg needs to win and only he can drive that ambition. Rosberg is more in danger of being replaced at this moment in time both here and in dream world.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    You haven't wound me up. Mercedes are not going to let the guy who has won the last 2 WDCs and who is worth a hell of a lot more in marketing revenue and who promotes the brand in North America. He might be a bit of a nob but he's good for business. Questioning the team is small fry in the grand scheme and Nico does his fair share of that.
    Sorry buddy, l can't see how you could call one of the coolest guys on the grid a nob. But then again l don't understand what you mean so could you explain please.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    one of the coolest guys on the grid? maybe... who knows? i think that justin beaver guy is cool too so it's not really a good thing. Nob sounds more appropriate. maybe nob and cool are not mutually exclusive these days

Hell , according to the ads on TV at the moment , he finds another gear .

The pressure is on , though , because he has to win to justify that salary .

But , maybe being a nob , and keeping them in the news with some controversy is seen as good for business .

Maybe letting Nico win a few when it doesn't matter is his plan , only to crush him into submission in the first race of next season .

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Sorry buddy, l can't see how you could call one of the coolest guys on the grid a nob. But then again l don't understand what you mean so could you explain please.
    If I can help , I'd say that he means that Lewis says and does some pretty dumb things sometimes , where one could brand him a real nob , but he is also a really fast driver who also does some really good things , thereby making him worth it despite his faults .

A cool nob .

11. Likes: henners88 (24th November 2015)
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    one of the coolest guys on the grid? maybe... who knows? i think that justin beaver guy is cool too so it's not really a good thing. Nob sounds more appropriate. maybe nob and cool are not mutually exclusive these days
    Name's LH Cool Nob ,
    and dis is my way ,
    cuz I know it's my job
    to say dumb sh!t deez dayz .

Fever , I says
    When I parties wit ma ,
    three rides dat I hit ?
    I jus saw one car .

Now when I use twitter
    my team don need worry .
    I don tweet telemetry .
    I jus tweet dat I'm sorry .