Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
He did the job at hand but let's face it, did any driver had it so easy before? Did any team benefit from regulations like the ones that are in place right now when one team gets it right and gets to dominate for years? I've started watching f1 in 1996 and the last couple of seasons have been the weakest I've seen. Not his fault but there's been absolutely nothing worth remembering from his last 2 wdc. There's a big chance his next wdc will be just as forgettable.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
We've had some good racing these last couple of years, not all the time but we've had some of the best races in the sports history too. Unfortunately in F1 it has always been the case that the best car and driver win the championship and Mercedes have had nobody come close. We had 4 straight years of Vettel dominance and 5 straight years of Schumacher making us yawn all the way to the finish. That is just the way f1 is and Hamilton's championships are in no way inferior to anybody else's. He's been lucky with the car and regs and that is all any team asks for. It's not like he lacks the talent to to get to the finish.

All that said I have only watched 2 full races this season and the rest highlights or even missed them completely. That isn't Hamilton's fault though or the racing. F1 is changing and no longer does it need to be witnessed, but at least recorded in history.