Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Rossi - Elias touching again

I think it is still fresh in our memory that last year Elias took Rossi out of the race in Spain, yesterday's Turkey GP could be repetition of the touch between the two riders.

Who do you think has came into the race line of another? It looks Elias tried to get pass Rossi from inside line and worked, when Rossi was trying to retain his position they unavoidably touched one another. It could become a reason M1 performed weakly beside tires that seems the track favored Bridgestone much than Michelin. Yamaha has criticized Gressini that Elias deserved of warning for that fault, and Gressini has responded that Yamaha and Rossi over-reacted the incident and categorize it naturally happens at racing.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I thought it was simply a racing incident, although there was definitely a certain level of 'vigour' involved.

If it had led to Rossi being denied a podium, perhaps Yamaha would have a case.
    Phantom... Bike Who Parks

"It's a tour, not a race... but don't get in my way while I'm touring!"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was certainly no tougher on Rossi than the agressive bit of overtaking that Vale pulled on Hopper.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ellias overtaking Rossi

It always makes me sit in absolute awe at the nerve of some teams within motorsport. I have the utmost respect for all riders, especially Mr Rossi, but before team managers go whining about the overtaking skills of the competition, perhaps they should cast their menories back to Rossi barging Gibernau off line and into the gravel at the last turn in Spain. Yamaha did not look too concerened then did they? Look, some guy`s are just plain tough to get past, especially if they leave braking till the death and have a good machine under them. It is racing, it happens on four wheels also, with doors banging. No one got hurt. Only pride.
    Regards

Tesco

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The nerve, what about Senor Rossi's movie on one Sete Gibernau at Jerez a few years ago.. THAT was worse than Elias' on Rossi's .. At least Elias seemed to be in some sort of control. Rossi used Gibbers as his breaks..
    I opened up all the windows..the air is cold, the tub is boiling hot..It's like Sweden, man. Sweden!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Elias moves were acceptable, he raced hard but fair IMHO
    I got my motorcycle jacket, but I'm walking all the time...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Although I think Elias is a bit of a renegade and sometimes it seems he is out of control. It's all just part of racing. That said, I don't blame Yamaha for bringing it up either. It's a fine line between aggressive and reckless.
    go speed racer go

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Elias has a wayward style and combined with the exhuberance of Vale it was likely they'd touch in a balls out battle. Simple racing incident and seeing as neither rider was hampered or hurt I don't see why there is a fuss.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Even though like a bit harsh I'd prefer Elias rides with the nerve like at Istanbul Park rather than inferiorly filling the midfield. Will he have enough consistency at the races to go?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel Sanchez
    Elias has a wayward style and combined with the exhuberance of Vale it was likely they'd touch in a balls out battle. Simple racing incident and seeing as neither rider was hampered or hurt I don't see why there is a fuss.
    Because Vale likes to have a grizzle when things don't go his own way.

Rossi has dished out plenty of hard moves in his time and just needs to deal with it when others aren't intimidated by him anymore. Having said that, after watching the racing on the weekend, we commented in our house that bike racing is almost turning into a contact sport! There are some brutal passes that take place.
    Get off my lawn