Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I think Massa drove well this weekend, the race strategy let him down abit l think. The MotR is definitely Vettel. A great recovery to 5th, a true drive of a champion. I hope Kimi has a change of fortune soon because he is looking 2nd rate compared to Vettel so far. We all know what a fast driver he is when in the zone. I really hope the ICEMAN returns soon.
    I dunno, I think Kimi is overrated to be honest. I don't think he is up there with the cream of the crop like Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso. I don't rate Vettel as good as Hamilton or Alonso but he is close enough. He has had his ass handed to him by both Alonso and Vettel now anyway.

2. Likes: A FONDO (8th June 2015),andyone (8th June 2015)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I know one thing - DRS needs to go.
    A second thing - the large rear wings need to return. The idea that the cars need to be slowed down needs to go as well.

If these cars weren't so dependent on aero we would more fighting on track.
    Large rear wings need to return, and there'd be more on track fighting if the cars weren't so aero dependent?

The larger wings would make the cars more aero dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    The idea that the cars need to be slowed down needs to go as well.
    How fast do they have to go?

In theory. The faster they can go, the more processional the racing will be.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I dunno, I think Kimi is overrated to be honest. I don't think he is up there with the cream of the crop like Vettel, Hamilton and Alonso. I don't rate Vettel as good as Hamilton or Alonso but he is close enough. He has had his ass handed to him by both Alonso and Vettel now anyway.
    Kimi is a good solid driver but nothing really special anymore. I do like his nonchalant attitude during the competition, and am surprised, TBH that their aren't more drivers that can take things in stride (at least outwardly) as he does. But keeping an even keel is what I expect, not some unique ability. Kimi is easy to like in this respect, and that attitude is appreciated at least by me.
    Last edited by Tazio; 8th June 2015 at 16:26.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Kimi is a great driver when he is in the zone. I think being out of F1 as long as he did had some inherent effect on his performance. I personally would not read too much into his pairing with Alonso. It would always be difficult to beat Alonso in a car that he [Alonso] spent a few seasons influencing to his driving still. With that said, He [Kimi] has no excuse this season as he has had more input into this year's car. I am not so sure whether that means much because he is suffering more than Vettel who seems better attuned to the ferrari than Kimi. The pattern is not that different to the Vettels pairing with Webber that struggled to get the tyres working in the Red Bull; while Vettel did not and went on to win 4 world championships.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 8th June 2015 at 23:08.

The stewards for this Canada race was great for a change. Some stewards would have penalized Vettel for the move that made the Hulk spin. I did enjoy Massa's overtake of the Sauber of Nasr. How close he got! I am sure they must have touched slightly. The rookie did well to keep it together under pressure. I am sure the Steward was a top notch racer in his time. As he saw finer details that distinguish racing from malice or stupidity and made the race more enjoyable. The Monaco steward would have dished out a penalty to Vettel for Hulk's spin.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 8th June 2015 at 23:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Kimi is a great driver when he is in the zone. I think being out of F1 as long as he did had some inherent effect on his performance. I personally would not read too much into his pairing with Alonso. It would always be difficult to beat Alonso in a car that he [Alonso] spent a few seasons influencing to his driving still. With that said, He [Kimi] has no excuse this season as he has had more input into this year's car. I am not so sure whether that means much because he is suffering more than Vettel who seems better attuned to the ferrari than Kimi. The pattern is not that different to the Vettels pairing with Webber that struggled to get the tyres working in the Red Bull; while Vettel did not and went on to win 4 world championships.
    This years Ferrari car was built around Kimi, it was built for him and still can't beat his teammate. They spent months at it changing things around to suit his driving style. He is a good solid driver when in the zone but applying the word "great" to him is something that I could definitely not concur with. Maybe ten years ago before he left McLaren we could apply that to him but I don't think he has been the same driver since he left McLaren (even though he won a WDC since) and I don't think his two years out of the business has affected him at all, given his comeback year was actually quite impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Kimi is a good solid driver but nothing really special anymore. I do like his nonchalant attitude during the competition, and am surprised, TBH that their aren't more drivers that can take things in stride (at least outwardly) as he does. But keeping an even keel is what I expect, not some unique ability. Kimi is easy to like in this respect, and that attitude is appreciated at least by me.
    I do respect Kimi's attitude but really it's the driving done on track that interests me the most and really a good solid just about sums him up now unfortunately. He was a great driver back in the McLaren days but I don't think he has been the same since he left as I said in my above post as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    This years Ferrari car was built around Kimi, it was built for him and still can't beat his teammate. They spent months at it changing things around to suit his driving style. He is a good solid driver when in the zone but applying the word "great" to him is something that I could definitely not concur with. Maybe ten years ago before he left McLaren we could apply that to him but I don't think he has been the same driver since he left McLaren (even though he won a WDC since) and I don't think his two years out of the business has affected him at all, given his comeback year was actually quite impressive.
    Fair comment, in this business you are as good as your last season. Kimi needs to get is finger out if he wants to keep his drive at ferrari next year. I am sure ferrari are eyeing Bottas or possibly Ricciado. Ferrari can smell the blood, they know they can reel in Mercedes and they know mercedes are very shaky under pressure. There is more reason for them to change their driver lineup for a more hungrier and aggressive driver pairing. Kimi just doesn't seem hungry for success enough at the moment. I hope that would change at the next race. hence l would agree with you but with some reservation. We are talking about the iceman here, he may turn up to the race next time round.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    I used to think a lot of Kimi but I think I really over-rated him. he has been beaten by too many team mates by now.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    This hits the nail squarely on the head:
    http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/an...-and-pony-show
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.