Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Well, I'm very glad Plato won that third race. It would have been an injustice if he'd lost out as a result of what appeared (from the TV) to be a pointless safety car intervention.
    Agreed. Not just because I support SEAT and Jase is my beloved teams best chance of the Drivers title. It was an uncesessary stopage and I still don't know where the debris was on the track.

Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Likewise, I'm pleased that Chilton got something out of it after nearly being punted off by some stupid driving by John George. This may seem harsh, but I thought it was a demonstration of why the reverse grid is a bad idea.
    No, I don't think it is that harsh. My personal view of the reversal is it gives the lesser Independent drivers a view of the front but one scenario I have is drivers who are less skilful and are running in slower cars could be moving hazzards to two battling top drivers sitting behind in much faster cars whose battle for the lead is being held up.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by VkmSpouge
    Shame for Adam Jones not racing today.
    Shame for the other drivers who were there but could not start really. Namely Chris Stockton and Richard Marsh.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    It was an uncesessary stopage and I still don't know where the debris was on the track.
    It's called "caution for debris". Is it a coincidence that BTCC goes to an oval and debris cautions rise their head?
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Erki
    It's called "caution for debris". Is it a coincidence that BTCC goes to an oval and debris cautions rise their head?
    It's happened before during races in which the field gets spread out. The finale of the 1999 season at Silverstone was a prime example.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Guys,

New to the forum, but how did Mat Jackson fair over the weekend?

Cheers
    "You only need two tools: WD40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape"

Quote Originally Posted by BTBR
    Hi Guys,

New to the forum, but how did Mat Jackson fair over the weekend?

Cheers
    Fairly poor qualifying; got pushed around in race one, finished 10th; good run to 4th in race two; then an excellent drive to 2nd in race three.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well Rockingham gave us another 3 great races with incidents and accidents a plenty. Shame that Turkington had a pretty bad weekend, but Onslow-Cole had a great scrap with Chilton in race 2

Two good wins for Giovanardi, although I bet his eyes were when he came across the oil from Fiona's MG in race 1.
    And I bet Mr Gow deployed the safety car in race 3 after spotting some fag ash on the track :

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't know about you guys, but deploying a safety car for apparently no good reason is very irresponsible. As we have seen, the cars get very close at Rockingham so having them bunched back up like that is dangerous. So basically the safety car caused more danger than it would have if it had stayed in. But this is all just speculation, as it may have been a safety car that was actually required.

Secondly, it was a thoroughly enjoyable day's action and I'm glad to see that Rockingham has come back with a bang.
    BTCCCrazy.co.uk

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I disagree with the view that the safety car makes things more dangerous. It didn't do any harm.
    As for the reason it was sent out in race 3.... err nope, no idea here either!

Quote Originally Posted by Winchester
    I disagree with the view that the safety car makes things more dangerous. It didn't do any harm.
    As for the reason it was sent out in race 3.... err nope, no idea here either!
    I don't think it makes things more dangerous, but if it's not necessary it shouldn't be deployed. If Plato hadn't won that third race because of the safety car intervention bunching things up and giving Jackson or someone else a chance for no other reason, it would have been ridiculous.