Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SEATFreak
    Would anyone (not you BDunnell for obvious reasons!:laugh ) like to tell me what happened to cause six DNF's; including both Neal and Shedden, Allison and Turkington, with a further seven more seemingly not able to run; including both Darren Dowling and Chris Stokton, Adam Jones and Simon Blankley?

Was it a pileup?
    I can't answer that because, like you, I don't know.

However, I do think you ought to be able to work out why the lap time at one circuit is quicker than another.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rockingham is a longer circit? Wrong?

Bet I am right on being wrong BDunnell.
    Manufacturers Champs (06'), Teams Champs (07')

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rockingham is:
    1.479 miles/2.380 km Oval
    2.560 miles/4.120 km Road Course

Brands Hatch is:
    1.2 miles/1.931 km Indy Course
    2.623 miles/4.221 km Grand Prix
    It's better to be hated for who you are, then to be loved for who you are not

The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    seemingly not able to run; including Darren Dowling
    The main reason Darren Dowling was a DNS is that he isn't even in the championship!!!!!!

Well, I'm very glad Plato won that third race. It would have been an injustice if he'd lost out as a result of what appeared (from the TV) to be a pointless safety car intervention. Likewise, I'm pleased that Chilton got something out of it after nearly being punted off by some stupid driving by John George. This may seem harsh, but I thought it was a demonstration of why the reverse grid is a bad idea.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    totally deserved 2nd place for Mat Jackson

from watching ITV's coverage the rock has proved to be a good venue for the BTCC, good close racing (okay a bit toooo close at times)
    2009, Jonathan Adam BTCC, marshal at Knockhill Orange dont be seen trackside without it

Quote Originally Posted by reidy_fan
    totally deserved 2nd place for Mat Jackson

from watching ITV's coverage the rock has proved to be a good venue for the BTCC, good close racing (okay a bit toooo close at times)
    Awful last chicane, though. The cars looked to be going through at walking pace.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    Well, I'm very glad Plato won that third race. It would have been an injustice if he'd lost out as a result of what appeared (from the TV) to be a pointless safety car intervention. Likewise, I'm pleased that Chilton got something out of it after nearly being punted off by some stupid driving by John George. This may seem harsh, but I thought it was a demonstration of why the reverse grid is a bad idea.
    hang on chilton almost knocked john george out too so if your prepared to give some, you must be prepared to take some back
    2005 TOCA Race Driver BTCC Champion
    Staffordshire Uni Student: 3rd Year

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Would anyone (not you BDunnell for obvious reasons!:laugh ) like to tell me what happened to cause six DNF's; including both Neal and Shedden, Allison and Turkington, with a further seven more seemingly not able to run; including both Darren Dowling and Chris Stokton, Adam Jones and Simon Blankley?

Was it a pileup?

http://www.btccpages.com/rounds/2007/4_5_6/race2.php
    After seeing the coverage, it appeared that matt neal got nudged sideways by chilton, recovered.. then as they were filing down into the next corner, matt was under threat from turkington.. with neither driver willing to concede, the right rear of the civic, and the left front of the bmw collided, shooting both turkington and neal into the air, tearing neal's right rear from the car, spearing it accross the track, and taking out shedden... not sure if more were involved.
    COMING SOON . . . b2 Original Teile

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Eoin Murray got into a few scrapes today, it really won't do his budget any good. His start in the first race was pretty poor but he shows he has the race pace to fight with the leaders.
    Shame for Adam Jones not racing today.
    Congratulations to John George and Simon Blanckley for scoring their first BTCC point.
    Colin Turkington had a terrible time, he'll want to forget about Rockingham very quickly.
    Blackadder! Blackadder! With many a cunning plan,
    Blackadder! Blackadder! You horrid little man.