Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Liked 647 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Alonso has had a nasty crash in Barcelona and although reports say he is concious, he has been airlifted to hospital.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31575734
    #F1 Vettel was behind Alonso before the crash: "The speed was slow - maybe 150kph. Then he turned right into the wall. It looked strange."
    There's a rumor going around that it may have been due to an electrical shock from the KERS. Just a rumor.
    May the forza be with you

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    There's a rumor going around that it may have been due to an electrical shock from the KERS. Just a rumor.
    I hadn't seen that rumour, but was wondering that myself - seen some pics on marca of the crash, basically rubbed up the wall, no head on impact, all wheels still on the car, no major impact damage, but needed to be stretchered out and taken to hospital. Seems something untoward happened to Alonso to cause the accident, and shock would fit the bill.
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Banned
    Liked 152 Times in 123 Posts
    Anyone still think the cars aren't too complicated?

Banned
    Good news about Alonso:

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/my...lonso-incident

His McLaren team has confirmed that the Spaniard has undergone a full CT scan in hospital and has no injuries. A spokeswoman added: "He is fine, that's all I can say."

Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    The best info that i found was from a German website.

It stated that ALO seemed to be unconscious, or perhaps slightly disoriented for nearly 10 minutes and could not get out of the car by himself.
    VET was directly behind him and said that ALO was not going very fast and that it just looked strange, not like an accident.
    It is possible that electroshock, poisonous gasses from the hybrid system and, or the flu had something to do with the mishap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kfzmeister; 22nd February 2015 at 22:03.
    Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    El Pais is quoting Alonso's manager saying that the accident was caused by the strong winds in that part of the circuit and that the driver was not incapacitated in any manner before the crash.

Banned
    Now Motorsports.com is reporting that Alonso has a concussion and might miss this weekend's testing which starts on Thursday.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/al...it-after-crash

Also, the artice is titled "Alonso remains in intensive care unit after crash." Why would they put someone with a concussion in intensive care?

Meanwhile, and most importantly, according to McLaren, Alonso is "fine."

Seems odd someone in intensive care could be "fine." In fact, all of this is pretty odd.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    This is certainly a pretty strange incident. I guess we're going to see all sorts of rumours until some hard facts emerge. Like whether Alonso is in the car for the second Barcelona test later this week. I really hope it's a lot of fuss about nothing and Alonso is OK.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Austin View Post
    Now Motorsports.com is reporting that Alonso has a concussion and might miss this weekend's testing which starts on Thursday.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/al...it-after-crash

Also, the artice is titled "Alonso remains in intensive care unit after crash." Why would they put someone with a concussion in intensive care?

Meanwhile, and most importantly, according to McLaren, Alonso is "fine."

Seems odd someone in intensive care could be "fine." In fact, all of this is pretty odd.
    Apparently it's standard to be in intensive care for a concussion (especially when you are one of the country's most famous and highly paid sportsmen)
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 647 Times in 512 Posts
    According to Fred's manager this extended stay in the ICU is precautionary;

“The impact was quite strong but fortunately, it was nothing. He was conscious and able to speak.
    “He was taken to hospital as a precaution and they have done all the necessary tests, which have all come out well.
    “But he will need to spend another 24 hours under observation. The tests will be repeated on Monday.”
    I was kept overnight for observation when I was concussed, and look how normal I am
    May the forza be with you