I think it is quite plausible. I've read that when he took turn 3 he ran pretty wide and may have gotten onto some astroturf with the left rear. The rear gave out just enough to drastically change directions and sent him towards the wall. The massive shunt could have knocked him out for some time. The guy that photographed the incident said his head was tilted to the side for a bit. The stewards that approached the car were said to have tapped on his helmet, yet there was no response for up to ten minutes. It was also said that he had to be taken out of the car. Further reports suggest that when he was taken to the med center, he acted agitated. As if he came to and freaked out a bit due to disorientation (remember the photos after Massa got hit with that Brawn spring).

It makes sense to me that perhaps he did get caught by a gust of wind and that it was exasterbated by the car running wide. Add to it, perhaps that he was playing with some dials adjusting the car and we have a perfectly possible scenario that could have happened. The guy got knocked out and i'm sure the whole thing is a little more embarrassing than anything else.

Glad he's ok.