Page 43 of 71 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,842 Times in 1,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza View Post
    I completely agree, but I think the level in WRC2 isn't that high as some people think. The level in the ERC, especially in classic rallies like Ypres and Barum, is in my opinion higher than in WRC2. I also think that Kopeckż is one of the most underrating drivers, especially on asphalt. He is very fast and he almost never makes mistakes. I never understood why he didn't had a chance in a factory WRC car in the WRC.
    He had his chances, but in not so competitive car back in 2006-or 2007 I think. Did crash at Lankanmaa stage if I remember correctly. Wasn“t that fast but as for many others he didn“t get so many drives in WRC.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 11,171 Times in 4,437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wim_Impreza View Post
    I completely agree, but I think the level in WRC2 isn't that high as some people think. The level in the ERC, especially in classic rallies like Ypres and Barum, is in my opinion higher than in WRC2. I also think that Kopeckż is one of the most underrating drivers, especially on asphalt. He is very fast and he almost never makes mistakes. I never understood why he didn't had a chance in a factory WRC car in the WRC.
    Look at Breen or Bouffier. Breen has been winning ERC events quite regularly this year. Even in Ypres he was able to fight with Loix. He has been absolutely nowhere near Kopeckż here. I think that it has also a lot to do with the car as also Kremer or Kreim were fighting with Breen and Bouffier which is imho not normal. I don't know why Kremer and Kreim retired but in speed it looks like other R5 cars are way slower than Fabia now.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

3. Likes: marcosg (21st August 2015),WUff1 (22nd August 2015)
    Liked 133 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    if citroen plans to stay in the wrc for a few more years, i can see them attracting neuville.
    In my opinion with Neuville they will be in the same place like they are this year with Ostberg. I think they should give a castle and big amount of money to JML. He is the only one who can fight with Ogier, ok sometimes he attack too much but when he find his rhythm he's fast as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    He had his chances, but in not so competitive car back in 2006-or 2007 I think. Did crash at Lankanmaa stage if I remember correctly. Wasn“t that fast but as for many others he didn“t get so many drives in WRC.
    8 years a go here in Germany Kopeckż finished 5th overall in a private car 0,5 sec/km behind Loeb (he kept 5th since early day 2). Behind him Petter Solberg, Gardemeister, Latvala, Henning Solberg, Atkinson...

The whole career of Jan is connected with Škoda. He would never became what he is without Škoda and they would maybe never build Fabia S2000 without him. He didn't make it to a WRC star but ok, he has had a nice career anyway

6. Likes: dimviii (21st August 2015),Gregor-y (22nd August 2015),marcosg (21st August 2015),Rallyper (21st August 2015),RS (21st August 2015),WUff1 (22nd August 2015)
    Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Not crash, just offroad exursion...

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts

9. Likes: Mirek (21st August 2015)
    Liked 39 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EightGear View Post
    I'm really disappointed with Abbring so far TBH. We can't count the first loop since he had differential problems there, but the second loop hasn't been that impressive either. He seems to struggle with the car and setup. Let's hope he can improve tomorrow and Sunday. In theory he should be at least as fast as Lefebvre, who really surprised me today!
    you are also expecting maybe too much from him... he is not in a position to race this rally... he is here to learn only...
    i was hoping a little better too, at least prokop's pace... but not that better
    Last edited by marcosg; 21st August 2015 at 22:17.

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Look at Breen or Bouffier. Breen has been winning ERC events quite regularly this year. Even in Ypres he was able to fight with Loix. He has been absolutely nowhere near Kopeckż here. I think that it has also a lot to do with the car as also Kremer or Kreim were fighting with Breen and Bouffier which is imho not normal. I don't know why Kremer and Kreim retired but in speed it looks like other R5 cars are way slower than Fabia now.
    I agree with Mirek - Fabia must be a "wunderfahrzeug".
    But there is somebody, who is capable to beat top driver in Fabia R5. Wait next week for Alpi Orientali in Italy (Scandola vs.Andreucci). But this not belongs to Deutschland rally....

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marcosg View Post
    you are also expecting maybe too much from him... he is not in a position to race this rally... he is here to learn only...
    i was hoping a little better too, at least prokop's pace... but not that better
    That could be, I know he's not under pressure from Hyundai etc. and he keeps learning. And he's pretty much always been faster than Lefebvre, for example in the 208 cup in 2013 or Ypres this year (although he crashed). Although Lefebvre probably has a slight advantage being in the DS3.

But we'll see, I'm not losing hope on his potential at all yet.
    Last edited by EightGear; 21st August 2015 at 23:04.
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

14. Likes: dimviii (21st August 2015)