Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 26 Times in 26 Posts

Bourdais to test for Toro Rosso

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/55984

He's unlikely to test just for the fun of it, but would he really leave NHR for Toro Rosso
    Riccardo Patrese - 256GPs 1977-1993

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I don't know he's on top of his game and switching to Toro Rosso does not seem to be a brilliant idea. I guess it will depend on how much of a challenge it means to him.
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It would be a step down for him, but he wants to race in F1, and IF he is offered a race seat he might take it.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I just came rushing here after seeing the news and you guys all beat me too it!

Does seem odd:

1) Because SB has always maintained he would only go to F1 with a top team which STR arent at the moment

2) Red Bull have a whole posse of their Red Bull Junior Team drivers to keep Toro Rosso going forever more - although they did 'step out of the family' with signing Webber so who knows

3) Just seems odd? Alot of Sebs talks were with BMW last year, indeed there are many images of his in chat with Mario Thiessen around the net from this season gone and Bourdais has always been adament that he would only test for a team for a year if he could be GUARANTEED a race drive for the seson after - this was the sticking point at BMW Sauber as with Kubica on top form and Vettel likely to be promoted to the race team in 2008, well, 3 into 2 doesnt go.

This could just be Toro Rosso giving him a run out to assess him and well, if he proves MEGA fast, they stand in the best position to sign him on any long term deal.

Interesting off-season developments with Bourdais (ChampCar) and Andretti (IndyCar) nabbing F1 tests.

I watch on with much anticipation!

Giuseppe F1
    2006 GO!
    > Scott Speed
    > Red Bull Racing
    > Scuderia Toro Rosso
    > Sebastian Vettel

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Unhopely, it's just impossible to see Bourdais running in F1...

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I don't think either of those tests are anything more than a "thank you". Marco's Daddy has spent enough of Honda's money for them to get Him a drive, and remember, Champcar, via Gerry Forsythe has a Red Bull connection now. I'd be suprized to learn there isn't some tie there for Seb being the season champ.
    HINCHTOWN!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    I don't think either of those tests are anything more than a "thank you". Marco's Daddy has spent enough of Honda's money for them to get Him a drive, and remember, Champcar, via Gerry Forsythe has a Red Bull connection now. I'd be suprized to learn there isn't some tie there for Seb being the season champ.
    That's pretty sneaky on Forsythe's part, ship off your competition to F1 so Paul Tracy can win another championship...

Actaully, with Champcar's connection to Cosworth, if this was the case, Bourdais would have tested an F1 car already...

Could it be that Red Bull have realised something I've been thinking about the last couple weeks? That they could get Bourdais in a Renault powered car soon enough and without having Briatore in the mix? Sure he'll have to wait a year as both seats are filled at Big Red...
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Depends on whether he wants to risk being another of the failed drivers from America to prove himself in F1. He won't be remembered for very long in Europe if he just stays in Champ Cars, whatever he does.

Toro Rosso are hard to judge, personally I can't see them being any good, but it could be Bourdais' only chance, and in my opinion - a crap drive in F1 is better than a good one in Champ Cars. Everyone has to prove themselves in F1, he could not surely be expecting to get a top-line drive straightaway?! Michael Andretti, Alex Zanardi...
    Niente č vero, tutto č permesso

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I believe Nicolas Todt is Bourdais' manager. Jean Todt is Nic's father. Toro Rosso have now Ferrari engines. Maybe that is the connection?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    Depends on whether he wants to risk being another of the failed drivers from America to prove himself in F1. He won't be remembered for very long in Europe if he just stays in Champ Cars, whatever he does.

Toro Rosso are hard to judge, personally I can't see them being any good, but it could be Bourdais' only chance, and in my opinion - a crap drive in F1 is better than a good one in Champ Cars. Everyone has to prove themselves in F1, he could not surely be expecting to get a top-line drive straightaway?! Michael Andretti, Alex Zanardi...
    he's french.

i'd love to see him in F1, but i don't think it will happen, unless he is a little less strict about the situation he desires (testing for only a year, only top team).