Page 17 of 297 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    Sorry, I meant to ask how quickly it becomes available after broadcast?
    Live stages I think are available very soon after end.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Do not waste your money on a service with no respect to the customer...
    Last edited by N.O.T; 19th January 2015 at 17:51.

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    I'm loathe to ask this, but why does it have no respect for the customer? It looks infinitely better value than the WEC's equivalent offering to me and it's much more logical to spend £30 for a year of recorded content (that I'll download) than on a BT Sport subscription that would cost me literally 30x more?

If the live stages are on demand and at least 480p, then that's all I need to know.
    aka Rodger Davies

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    it really depends on your standards, if you are one of those special people who wastes his sad life on mediocre stuff and people then go for it...

but in an era where 4k is soon going to be the main thing and in all sport events 60fps is a standard on tv... if you are willing to pay for some 20fps 420p videos that you cannot even download go ahead and knock yourself out... i find it a farce that they cannot provide at least 720p at 60fps....

I do not care about the price... i would pay 3-5 times the amount if i could get proper footage from cameras mounted on proper spots and if i could download them...

Liked 638 Times in 330 Posts
    4k and 60fps are the least of the problems of wrc coverage IMHO

wrc+ is a very good way to follow the TV coverage if you want to access it legally. It would be better to be on free TV, but no one is willing to show it for free...

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    In Belgium RTBF (national TV for French-speaking part of Belgium) will broadcast all powerstages on La Une or La Deux. I don't know if these channels are available in any other countries.

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    I'm loathe to ask this, but why does it have no respect for the customer? It looks infinitely better value than the WEC's equivalent offering to me and it's much more logical to spend £30 for a year of recorded content (that I'll download) than on a BT Sport subscription that would cost me literally 30x more?

If the live stages are on demand and at least 480p, then that's all I need to know.
    I'd say that both the WRC and WEC are niche - and as such should be trying to get as much coverage as possible. Putting it behind a paywall isn't the most sensible way to go. If you must charge, then make sure you're offering value for money, and the software can handle it.
    At the moment, I'll wait.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

8. Likes: dimviii (19th January 2015)
    Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    it really depends on your standards, if you are one of those special people who wastes his sad life on mediocre stuff and people then go for it...

but in an era where 4k is soon going to be the main thing and in all sport events 60fps is a standard on tv... if you are willing to pay for some 20fps 420p videos that you cannot even download go ahead and knock yourself out... i find it a farce that they cannot provide at least 720p at 60fps....

I do not care about the price... i would pay 3-5 times the amount if i could get proper footage from cameras mounted on proper spots and if i could download them...
    I suspect this isn't the usual "spice" post by you. Just to educate you. 30, 60, 120 and so on frames per second is NTSC standard. You're still in the PAL zone. And technically all FullHD broadcast footage is 50fps, it's just interlaced.

4K won't be mainstream any time soon, considering that majority of TV channels on this planet are still in SD. Quite a large number of stations are still broadcast in 4:3 aspect ratio. And besides TV cameras cost a fortune (one high-end FullHD TV camera costs $80k, 4K ones start from $100k), so only the filthy rich will upgrade their equipment to 4K. But who will they show the almighty 4K? A minority.

Even when WRC+ is far from perfect, it's a comfortable way to consume the broadcasted material legally and without extra hassle.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 222 Times in 101 Posts
    Halle-sodding-lujah, at last.

I'm not in on Thursday evening; do any regular users know how long after a live stage it's usually made available to watch for subscribers?
    If I remember correctly it's available almost immediately after the live broadcasting.

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    The onboard video quality on the WRC Youtube page is better (in 1080p) than all onboards on WRC+, which is quite strange since it's from the same cameras.
    Surely it must be the video player they are using?