Page 291 of 297 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 2967

Thread: Wrc+

Liked 140 Times in 83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    what are the chances of WRC uploading these 52min full highlights on youtube since the rally is already done?
    I mean, that would be THE BEST stuff to have out there not behind a paywall. Even if they upload only a week after the event or something like this.
    Oh, no highlights on RedBull Rally youtube channel. The highlights there used to be a little bit better and longer. Nothing from Monte so far
    you have 30min highlights from each day on redbull.tv absolutly free

Liked 53 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ictus View Post
    you have 30min highlights from each day on redbull.tv absolutly free
    The visibility of Red Bull TV is nothing even closely comparable to the reach you can get on YT. They would have a lot more views on YouTube and get some proper money from ads as well. I really can't understand it...

3. Likes: AndyRAC (30th January 2024)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    some thoughts:
    - Mike Chen really elevates the commentary, he is more assertive and informative and doesn't constantly get confused like PK for example, also they seem to take more breaks to allow the co-driver to be heard. Becsy seems to be pulled up or down by her co-commentator so it's crucial who she is paired with. They just need a driver with recent at least Rally2 experience for some actual expertise. Someone like Greensmith for example would be fine.
    - I liked the picture in picture showing stage preparation or stuff that happenes like Solberg fixing his wheel, it's a great way to show the atmosphere of rallying. I would prefer if this channel is muted since the wheel gun for example when showing Oliver changing the wheel was distracting
    - I like that they copied Dirtfish to show things between the stages. The pre-day interviews that Coling Clark does are one of my favourite moments. Unfortunately Julian Porter is not the best for this as he does not have the charisma and rapport that Colin Clark has with the drivers. Also it seems they didn't choose the right moment as the crews were busy and nobody talked to them. Good idea bad execution.
    - I liked that for 2 stages they stayed long and showed even the little guys. It was good for them and also nice to show the reality of rallying and also to have a comparison to how those guys were driving and the top guys.
    - The app and website are still unacceptable: randomly getting logged off, can not open links in a new tab by right clicking, also I suspect the way the site is made is terrible for accesibility for people using screen readers for example, the mobile app randomly decides not to work or desync sound - I watched mostly on PC. In general it's still worse than the old app/website and costs more. I am glad I decided to only take a month sub and I think that between the calendar and my own travelling this year I only need 3 or 4 single month subs.

What I would personally expect so that 120 euros per year is worth it:
    - an expert commentator like I said above, with recent high level experience
    - an app and website that works normally
    - as a minimum I would expect to be able to select on board feed from at least 6 Rally1 cars besides the TV feed. This is maybe a nice to have but all other online motorsport streaming services give you this option - the plane is there and the individual feeds get to the TV van anyway, it can't be that hard to add more streams (if you know what you're doing and have the hardware). As a bonus it would be awesome to have the helicopter channel as well and it would be something unique.
    - "ambient" sound channel (no commentary) - also nice to have but surely it's trivial to add...

I believe these are not exagerated considering what is available for other series.

5. Likes: b3637853 (30th January 2024),Eli (30th January 2024),Jajá (30th January 2024),Katvala (30th January 2024),meh (30th January 2024),Morte66 (30th January 2024),Paul Hudson (30th January 2024),philippebugalski (30th January 2024),steve.mandzij (30th January 2024)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by typhoon View Post
    The visibility of Red Bull TV is nothing even closely comparable to the reach you can get on YT. They would have a lot more views on YouTube and get some proper money from ads as well. I really can't understand it...
    there's this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUhoMj3DVb4&t=113s

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    I am still turning down sound to not having to listen to Becks and whoever of the brits commentating with her.
    As long as there is no expert with WRC2 or higher driving experience. For me, the native speakers provides a lot of useless bla bla, we deserve more than that!
    Me too ! And new-boy Mike Chen is as annoying as all the rest.

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    I don't think they want to give the impression that they're giving them away for free, whereas as with Red Bull TV they can pretend they have sold the rights on some kind of commercial basis, even if in reality it's just an internal transfer of money within Red Bull. It's probably more palatable to the likes of BT Sport who have been sold a domestic rights package, inclusive of those highlights shows.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Which is why the UCI went with Discovery/Eurosport for the MTB World Cup; RBTV isn't going to bring in massive numbers of viewers........only those who already know about the sport.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Another issue with You Tube is that it rather publicly highlights how many people, or rather how few, may actually be watching your program...

Liked 380 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    some thoughts:
    What I would personally expect so that 120 euros per year is worth it:
    - as a minimum I would expect to be able to select on board feed from at least 6 Rally1 cars besides the TV feed. This is maybe a nice to have but all other online motorsport streaming services give you this option - the plane is there and the individual feeds get to the TV van anyway, it can't be that hard to add more streams (if you know what you're doing and have the hardware). As a bonus it would be awesome to have the helicopter channel as well and it would be something unique.

I believe these are not exagerated considering what is available for other series.
    That will cost a lot more than 120EUR a year... These things are so much simpler on a small circuit.

Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    That will cost a lot more than 120EUR a year... These things are so much simpler on a small circuit.
    I don't think so. The plane is circling overhead receiving from all on boards and relays them to the tv truck where the director can mix them as they want. It's already there they just need to set up extra streams. Is there something I'm missing?

13. Likes: M5 (31st January 2024)