Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts

Question What will change between Sakhir and Barcelona?

After a small pause another thread from me. We have almost one-month-long F1-racing-free period to go and we have to fill that time with something. A lot of questions will rise during that period and one of them is in the title of the thread. At the moment teams seem to be in the following groups in terms of competitiveness:

Ferrari, McLaren

BMW

Renault, Toyota, Williams, Red Bull

Honda, Super Aguri

STR

Spyker

Between Albert Park and Sepang races we had a 3-week-long brake, but quite little changed - Renault dropping backwards marked one of those rare changes. Now we have four weeks to go. What will change? Most of the teams have announced some kind of aero update.

One of the most interesting questions is about Honda. It's tough to believe that they are going to be so crap for the whole season. Sooner or later they should be capable of driving into the points, but will they manage to make such development during the next month? For example in 2005 BAR was quite crap in first three races, but bounced back in Europe at Imola by finishing 3rd. A podium place at Barcelona would be probably overoptimistic in current situation, but what about points?

Another question is about Williams. A privateer, who has probably put much effort into winter testing to be successful at the start of the season, but do they have funds to keep that development and stay in Top6 in the WCC?

What about Red Bull? They seemed pretty quick at Bahrain, but it seems that they took too many risks and gained speed losing in reliability. Can they find the right balance and also start rising in the WCC?

What about others?
    The start of European season has often marked some important changes, which have been vital for the title race. In 2005 McLaren became the fastest car at Imola and in 2006 Ferrari achieved winning form since Imola. On both occasions they started chasing Renaults after the start of European season. At the moment McLaren and Ferrari are quite close in the standings, so there is not much "catching" to do, but can anyone of them find some advantage to start easing away to win the title?

BMW has looked secure third in all three races so far this year. Will that trend continue for the rest of the season?

Can Renault get more used to Bridgestones and start finding its top form again?

Toyota is one of those teams, who has announced a "big aero update for the European season". Will that enable them to continue catching Renault or will they have to start defending their 5th position?

Will Spyker become at least some threat to the teams in front of them?

It's your turn to try to find an answer to those and other questions.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I hope that Ferrari will find some advantage over McLaren, but I think that it can go either way. I also think that BMW might catch them or at least reduce their advantage. Red Bull will improve IMO as well. Renault will continue to struggle.
    Formula 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Honda are gonna get worse than ever :

Nah, i expect honda to actually find some one-lap pace and qualify further up the field, and maybe contend for points in the race. i think it will help that they are going back to Europe for the next few races.
    If England ever perform at a World Cup, make sure you wake me up :p:
    Steven Gerrard- Modern Day Hero (On his day :p: )

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Honda are building a totally new car.

They also need to ditch the worst formula one livery in the history of the world, that livery is also making the car slow.

I want the pre season black back.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    To be honest, look at pre-season testing times from Barcelona

That should almost tell you. Barcelona doesn't seem to go by race form, but by testing
    Super Aguri Honda - "the two Japanese friends," Rubens Barrichello
    22. Takuma Sato :).....
    23. Anthony Davidson :up:.....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    posted by Stuartf12007

They also need to ditch the worst formula one livery in the history of the world, that livery is also making the car slow.

.................................................. ...........
    livery makes car go slow? so you are watching formula 1 for the first time? welcome to the forum

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    yes its a slow livery

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think Alonso may hush the critics yet again, and Hamilton is due for a significant rookie mistake. Ya, he's a great driver, but he's also overly aggressive...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think the race will be a snorer... there is never an exciting race at Barcelona.

i expect Alonso to win. it is his home race, drivers always lift that extra notch at home (I.e. Webber leading in Oz last year in that dog of a williams)

i expect Heidfeld to be nipping at the heels of the top 4... good luck to him, ive always liked heidfeld.

Super Aguri will embarras HOnda again, Jenson will crash (which would make me smile), Webber will be in the points until 5 laps to go when his car decides not to spoil their point free run and will self descruct.

and Ralf will still be a laughing stock
    Sir! While I disagree with what you are saying, I will fight to the death your right to spell the words incorerctly and use heinous.. grammar yo !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuartf12007

I guess its hard to make a car go fast when it has the weight of the whole world on it... :
    The Preceding post may have contained nudity, sexuality, violence, coarse language and Jacques
    Villeneuve and is intended for a mature audience, parental guidance is advised.
    So you wanna know what the PS Stands for.