2014 has been a year of change for Felipe Massa, with a momentous switch to Williams - his first new team for nine years following an illustrious relationship with Ferrari.
So what better time to ask the Brazilian - fresh from his third points finish of the year in Monaco - about some of the other 'firsts' in his life, as part of our series that aims to help you get to know the world's best drivers a little better...
Who was your first hero when you were a child?
Felipe Massa:
My father.
What was the first Grand Prix you can remember watching?
FM:
I think it was 1988, when I was with my dad in Interlagos.
How old were you when you first decided you wanted to be an F1 driver?
FM:
It was always part of my dream when I started go-karting as a kid - so it was something of a distant dream that step by step transformed into reality. The first time it really occurred to me that it might be possible was probably when I was 15.
When was your first big accident in a race car?
FM:
It was with a go-kart. I had a roll when I was 15. I tried to overtake, but the other guy closed the door. I was not hurt, but it was the kind of accident that you will remember your whole life.
What colour was your first helmet?
FM:
Pretty much what I still have: blue, green and yellow - the Brazilian colours.
When did you win your first trophy in racing and what did it look like?
FM:
My first race in a go-kart when I was 13. I was an instant success! (laughs) The trophy was gold - no, not real gold, gold colour - and had a little go-kart on the top as a kind of arch. I still have it.
What was the first road car you drove?
FM:
It was my dad's road car - and I was around ten years old. It was a Chevrolet Monza - a big car for a small kid.
Where was the first house you lived in?
FM:
It is a house that I still have. It's in the countryside of Sao Paolo and is now kind of a country house for the family. I was six years old when we moved there.
How nervous were you on your first day of school?
FM:
I do not remember - it is not something that has stuck in my head.
What was the first meal you ever cooked?
FM:
Pasta

What was the first thing you did this morning?
FM:
Had a shower, and then had breakfast with my family. Wait a minute

More...