Hybrid View

Liked 1,254 Times in 682 Posts
    I fear more of the same. I’m not sure that’s what the WRC needs. I agree with DR – cars need to look and sound spectacular. The current cars are ‘production based’, but are really prototypes, so why not go the whole way and make proper prototypes? Problem is they cost.
    As MJW correctly said, the cars will not solve the problem; they simply don’t have the ‘X Factor’.

It would be nice to start with a blank sheet of paper and ask all interested Manufacturers what would it need for them to join the WRC.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    The current cars are ‘production based’, but are really prototypes, so why not go the whole way and make proper prototypes?
    I agree, that would make the cars so much more interesting - even if every other technical aspect of the cars were the same. The biggest issue I have, as a fan, of the current cars (not necessarily the rulebook) is that there isn't enough variety in the bodyshape. We used to have 3door hatchbacks, 5 door hatchbacks, 5 door fastbacks (Octavia WRC), 3 door coupes (Celica), 2 door coupes (1997 Impreza) and 4 door saloons, though not all at the same time
    Last edited by Jack4688`; 23rd May 2014 at 14:47.