Page 16 of 277 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
    3 years ago RX was a bit of a 'cult' sport, suddenly it's almost reaching the mainstream - much more than WRC does.
    Have there been any articles about the RX audience size?
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    all the things you mention cannot be implemented in the WRC without 10 times the cost, as for the visiting tourists they might have luck in WRX but in WRC they are eaten alive by the real drivers we have many examples over the years from the hamburger boy to kubica.

So as i said, nothing can be learned from the WRX that can affect the WRC or as much can be learned from F1... one thing is for sure both sports attract and excite girls and kids.
    The tourists might not compete at the top (e.g. JV in WRX too) but it brings press interest, media interest and more fans to the sport. I know some people are desperate for WRC to stay in the dark ages, including me to a point, but if it's going to 'survive' in modern times then new fans and some changes are needed. Toyoda hits the nail on the head below...

Quote Originally Posted by Toyoda View Post
    I generally agree with you NOT

But I feel terms of promotion on FB, Twitter and there website, it is far superior to WRC and WRC could learn a lot

If they are going to do these live super special shoot out crappy stages then they could do some similar things like they do with the WRX track.
    Analyse the stage, do a "former rally driver driver through"
    Build more hype in general, and bring back the good stuff about WRC that WRX has, Accessibility and driver openness.

Not to mention the camera positions and engine sound. The engine sound is huge in the WRX footage, surround sound etc, WRC not so much...

That's exactly what can be learnt from WRX - the buzz built around it, open paddocks etc. All cheap gimmicks, but all help build a sport. Likeweise, NOT you say that TV will cost millions, but why not just have in-board cameras? We often see privateers doing that and streaming on their own website, so why not have each driver with a couple of inboard cams which people can choose to view? So many opportunities currently being missed or misused.

3. Likes: pantealex (9th September 2014)
    Liked 103 Times in 39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Have there been any articles about the RX audience size?
    Not that I know of, but anecdotally as a follower of both WRX and WRC I see much more interest and buzz in WRX right now. And not just from fans - but manufacturers too!

Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    @NOT - You don't like Rally X, we get it. If you're not going to add anything to the thread other than to point out (yet again) that you don't like it or rate it, then don't bother. It's just tedious and only serves to annoy those of us that enjoy Rallycross as a spectacle and for enjoyment. I may prefer to watch rallying, but given the choice over paying to watch a handful of drivers on Rally GB or to watch the World RX at Lydden Hill then it's a no brainer. There are huge differences, but one is affordable and caters well to fans, the other is expensive and doesn't give a toss about fans.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

6. Likes: AndyRAC (20th September 2014),pantealex (9th September 2014),pettersolberg29 (8th September 2014)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    having seen all of the RX events on livestream i doubt i do not like it, what i do not like is when people stupidly think they can compare it to rallying and even more when they say rallying should learn from it. As i said RX has a lot more in common with the ladyboy sport of F1 than rallying but people still think that having cars that look like rally cars is far more important to their eyes than the format of the races to compare it with rallying.

8. Likes: pantealex (9th September 2014),Rallyper (8th September 2014)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    "ladyboy sport of F1" lol

Quote Originally Posted by pettersolberg29 View Post
    3 years ago RX was a bit of a 'cult' sport, suddenly it's almost reaching the mainstream - much more than WRC does....all things which are worth having a look at to see how ideas like this might help promote WRC. Not exactly the same necessarily, but certainly worthy of discussing.
    Impossible for WRC to become mainstream.
    Last edited by journeyman racer; 8th September 2014 at 15:21.

Liked 74 Times in 33 Posts

Liked 33 Times in 27 Posts
    Hey, pino. Look who has gone over to the 'dark side'...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115938
    Defend mediocrity... because excelence is just too hard to achieve. :p

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    another win for Solberg !!! this time by 5 thousands of a second over Ekstrom !!! He now extends his lead over Heikinen and he is a clear favourite for the title with 3 races to go.... not bad.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Gigi Galli will drive a Olsberg Ford Supercar in the WRX round in Italy. Will be cool to have him back, and Rallycross might fit him well!

14. Likes: A FONDO (21st September 2014),A.F.F. (24th September 2014)