Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Re: Time to make a stand!

I fully agree that F1 has got very boring these last 3 or 4 years,as has been said when the German guy has a car that is 2 seconds a Lap faster than all the other cars,and I don't ever think we saw the true potential of that car as nobody was able to challenge him.His team mate got pissed off too,and Horner got cocky ,even though they were caught out cheating 3 or 4 times last season .It appeared to be be ,don't let's upset the owner of RB and TR or if he takes his ball home ,we are minus 4 cars.
    This year has got to be fairer,with closer racing ,less cheating,and tighter scrutineering too .
    The races on freeTV I will watch,but I will not pay to watch a race ,my true love is rallying,and I believe rally drivers are better all round drivers too
    I feel that Lewis was in another world in the latter part of last season ,and as he knew the RB was unbeatable,he even more or less said it was illegal,but then was forced to retract that statement ,he was happy to just drive around and finish ,and showed no fight.Alonso had a better year but with a crap car ,and maybe he must up his game this year or Kimi wil make him look like a guy who will not win another championship .
    I will watch the start of races BUT if it's a runaway from the start ,then I shall go and wash the cars !

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    I fully agree that F1 has got very boring these last 3 or 4 years,as has been said when the German guy has a car that is 2 seconds a Lap faster than all the other cars,and I don't ever think we saw the true potential of that car as nobody was able to challenge him.His team mate got pissed off too,and Horner got cocky ,even though they were caught out cheating 3 or 4 times last season .It appeared to be be ,don't let's upset the owner of RB and TR or if he takes his ball home ,we are minus 4 cars.
    This year has got to be fairer,with closer racing ,less cheating,and tighter scrutineering too .
    I'd be very interested in learning about the 3 cases of cheating by RB last year or did you just make that up? Also, I'd be very interested to learn, how Vettel's car was 2 seconds faster than anyone else's. Since he never qualified even a second faster than the next best car, that would mean, Vettel is over a second slower than Hamilton and Alonso. You have some interesting theories there, or as they are known where I come from - complete and utter bullshit.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

Not cheating, just the finest British engineering finding the many loopholes in the specified regs and doing a damned fine job of getting away with it lol. This year I hope its Mercedes, although I don't want to be watching them running away with the championship. It takes the fun out of it for me as I like to be on the edge of my seat and have something to cheer at the end!

Liked 169 Times in 131 Posts

I don't really mind Vettel winning; it's all the stale stuff throughout the field that is the big turn off for me. 2-3 retirements per race, 4 if you're lucky, 5 on a really crazyday. Endless tarmac runoff which while safe, just means cars drive back on the track when in the 90s and before you'd be OUUUUUT. I'm quite surprised how many people are fine with this, almost the same as watching a full replay of a Codemasters F1 game race.

I'm not that bothered about the noses, but feel it's a silly and unneccessary rule, and before Adrian Newey said so, I felt they could be more dangerous. He said that now, a car running into the back of another could get "submerged" and that the rear of the front car could ride up the following car's monocoque and into the driver's face. This doesn't look smart...

I don't like the double points, but will find it too much to bear if it goes to THREE races!

I hope people don't moan that a bit of unreliability early this year is spicing things up a little too much - it won't stay that way for long! This time next year, it'll be pretty much back to normal and after that everyone will be pretty much invincible. Enjoy it while it lasts!
    SPAM - Going off topic to give you the deals you don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty
    I hope people don't moan that a bit of unreliability early this year is spicing things up a little too much - it won't stay that way for long! This time next year, it'll be pretty much back to normal and after that everyone will be pretty much invincible. Enjoy it while it lasts!
    Can you please tell me, where the fascination is in seeing a car break down? Call me old fashioned, but isn't the whole point of a car to be a RELIABLE mode of transport? I've never understood, why people want to see cars fail. That's a stupid idea.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Fact is that some of the races I have enjoyed most have been races where only 6 cars finish. You can have exciting races with 20 finishing and exciting races with 6 finishing, but on the whole some of the predictable racing seen in the last 4 seasons or so has been down to regs and the fact that all the cars finish.

Back 10-20 years Caterham would have been scoring 7-10 points a season rather than always racing 16th-22nd. Minardi were one of the most popular 2nd teams in recent history but if the racing had been like today, they would not have scored any points and never survived. Smaller teams rely on crazy days.

It also stops the best car winning every single race in a season most of the time. Otherwise many seasons would be over by August.

Its only a small part, but it has provided some up and downs over the years. The last 4 seasons have been OK, but have lost something for me. My opinion but it'll never be changed.

I'm with rjbetty.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Can you please tell me, where the fascination is in seeing a car break down? Call me old fashioned, but isn't the whole point of a car to be a RELIABLE mode of transport? I've never understood, why people want to see cars fail. That's a stupid idea.
    Its exciting because it is the unknown. Its frustrating if its your favourite driver that breaks down but some of the best races from the past have had 5 or 6 different leaders before the end. I've seen a lot of excitement throughout F1 forums recently because of the potential for unreliability in the youth of these new engines, so its not as stupid as you may think.

Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Its exciting because it is the unknown. Its frustrating if its your favourite driver that breaks down but some of the best races from the past have had 5 or 6 different leaders before the end. I've seen a lot of excitement throughout F1 forums recently because of the potential for unreliability in the youth of these new engines, so its not as stupid as you may think.
    One of the best races - as far as craziness goes - have been given to us by rain (Donnington 1993, Barcelona 1996, Nürburgring 1999), so I don't think we'll need exploding cars for that. Frankly, I think this whole 'hoping for breakdowns' malarkey is just wanting your hated driver to explode. Not counting that hating drivers is window-licking stupid to begin with, it simply adds nothing to see cars break down. Just have a bit of rain, that's all we need. In that regard last year was a bit freakish as it barely rained all year, but that's what makes these races so special - they don't happen twice every year. I bet by Barcelona, when we had half the field blow up for the fifth time in a row, it will get old, too. Crazy races aren't special anymore if they happen too often.

One of the best races - as far as craziness goes - have been given to us by rain (Donnington 1993, Barcelona 1996, Nürburgring 1999), so I don't think we'll need exploding cars for that. Frankly, I think this whole 'hoping for breakdowns' malarkey is just wanting your hated driver to explode. Not counting that hating drivers is window-licking stupid to begin with, it simply adds nothing to see cars break down. Just have a bit of rain, that's all we need. In that regard last year was a bit freakish as it barely rained all year, but that's what makes these races so special - they don't happen twice every year. I bet by Barcelona, when we had half the field blow up for the fifth time in a row, it will get old, too. Crazy races aren't special anymore if they happen too often.
    Well that is the beauty of F1, we can find excitement and enjoyment in our own ways. Wanting a bit of uncertainty with the new engines for me has nothing to do with hating a driver, in fact I don't think I hate any of them. An engine failure can affect anybody after all.

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    I'd be very interested in learning about the 3 cases of cheating by RB last year or did you just make that up? Also, I'd be very interested to learn, how Vettel's car was 2 seconds faster than anyone else's. Since he never qualified even a second faster than the next best car, that would mean, Vettel is over a second slower than Hamilton and Alonso. You have some interesting theories there, or as they are known where I come from - complete and utter bullshit.
    So you don't remember the flex front wing,or the debatable flex rear wing ,or the holes in the floor ?Or the complaining about the tyres ,that got the previous years tyres reinstated? It was RB that benefitted more than any other team .
    You question Vettels car being 2 seconds a lap quicker than any other teams car,BUT we really don't know how quick that car really was as he was never challenged lap after lap for a whole race,off into the distance and control the race from the front,that way you don't have to show all your cards .At one point last year Lewis said the RB was 2 seconds a lap quicker,but was forced to backtrack on his statement .In final quailifying all the other team used all the available time to get pole ,RB were so confident ,they only did one qualifying lap on lots of occasions. Do YOU want to see a RACE or a procession ,as we saw on numerous occasions last year ,or some racing ?Are you Sebs No 1 fan ,as I notice you are always on his defense.