I'll be watching until the racing becomes utterly boring, and at this point it's still a long way from that IMO. Sure we've had the introduction of DRS, KERS, the tires being the same, etc, but all teams have the relative same opportunity to build within these regs, and the best teams and drivers still rise to the top. IMO it's much better racing than when a team could spend stupid amounts of money on a better car, have tires that weren't equal team to team, and walk away with very easy wins.

I remember times when racing was much less exciting than it is now, and much of that was due to not having regs that allowed for racing. Giant trains of faster cars behind much slower cars due to aero regs, small teams having little if any chance to find a footing to survive in the sport, drivers that admitted the car was the vast majority of the equation, etc.

I'm not an automatic fan or hater of any of these new ideas until we see how it pans out. Double points at the final race may seem stupid, but it almost ensures that most teams will develop the car through the entire season unless they have enough margin that it can't be overcome by the team below them in the standings.