Time to rake up my own predictions now:

Quote Originally Posted by rjbetty View Post
As for unreliability, I am relishing a greater taste of this in 2014. Sadly I don't think it will be like old times as people are saying - certainly not that bloodbath someone said recently. I think the increase in unreliability will be much less dramatic than predicted
I'm pretty happy with that prediction, though unreliability was even less than my conservative guess of between 4-8 retirements per race.

Red Bull - Renault
I believe the hopes that Red Bull will be toppled by Mercedes have at least some wishful thinking involved... ...I would say at worst, they will be a smidgen off Mercedes.
Ohhhh not quite.

Even if Renault are down on power, and even if their engine is not the overall best, I still see Red Bull having the best, or just about the best overall package.
Bear in mind I wrote this before pre-season testing and the well documented catastrophe... And they DID have the best chassis it seemed.

Despite what people say about Mercedes, I am going to install Vettel as the favourite.
I think I overrated Seb tbh. I was wrong.

Daniel Ricciardo is of course a big unknown. Frankly, he hasn't been able to put any major points on the board, in the way that Alonso and Vettel did for the same team. This must be a concern... ...He won't be a disaster, but the jury is well and truly still out.
The court has reached it's verdict - a great success (overinflated according to some, yet their favourite driver never being guilty of the same!)