Page 98 of 439 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    I was at Monte too this year. For spectating it was quite good. Seen 9 stages (normally 10 if Turini wasn't cancelled in the 2nd run) and the atmosphere was nice. Being able to lock in between SS1 and 3 on the first leg was a big plus this year, also the 50km stage had the advantage that, if you were near the start, you could combine it with the stage run just after it. The most spectacular things (for me) were fast turns on tarmac. The speed on snow/ice/slush wasn't big enough, especially when they were on the wrong tires, also on Turini it was visible (in first loop already) that it was just fighting to survive for. We were on the downhill after the public area in first run, and I must say it was a bit disappointing to me.

I don't think about going back next year, maybe better to discover some new events...

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Agree that some new event is better than a return to Monte, I'm considering NORF but I'd like to go back to Sardinia if it runs again.
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    I hope Sardinia will be back on the calendar again, it's my favourite event from what I've done so far (Monte-Gap, Sweden, Portugal-Algarve, Sardinia, Finland, Germany and France-Alsace). And for anyone who can get a cheap flight (mostly with Ryanair) it's extremely cheap. It's a nice holiday-destination too, especially with the Rally HQ in Alghero now. Everyone I know who has been there is planning to go again some day.

Liked 227 Times in 119 Posts
    Desperately disappointing news regarding RMC implementing Rally2. I was really hoping other events would follow their lead and drop it. I am really close to giving up on the WRC altogether; the direction the sport is heading in is sad and bizarre in equal measure.

5. Likes: AndyRAC (23rd July 2014),PLuto (24th July 2014)
    Liked 85 Times in 63 Posts
    The Portuguese Ministry of Economy announced today that the Tourism of Portugal will not financially support the 2015 edition of the Rally of Portugal. A million euros was the amount in question.

http://autosport.pt/gen.pl?p=stories...as.sections/13
    2009 IRC Pickems Champion

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tommeke_B View Post
    I hope Sardinia will be back on the calendar again, it's my favourite event from what I've done so far (Monte-Gap, Sweden, Portugal-Algarve, Sardinia, Finland, Germany and France-Alsace). And for anyone who can get a cheap flight (mostly with Ryanair) it's extremely cheap. It's a nice holiday-destination too, especially with the Rally HQ in Alghero now. Everyone I know who has been there is planning to go again some day.
    I really hope it's in for 2015, as i'm planning our 2 week holiday around the event! Any news on the calender? It's pretty pathetic how late the WRC calender is announced.

Liked 661 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    I really hope it's in for 2015, as i'm planning our 2 week holiday around the event! Any news on the calender? It's pretty pathetic how late the WRC calender is announced.
    As opposed to what calendar? F1 is usually not confirmed until November! The ERC is rarely correct until January, and the WTCC calendar is usually changed at least twice during the year!!
    Last edited by rallyfiend; 25th July 2014 at 15:50.

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    As opposed to what calendar? F1 is usually not confirmed until November!
    A bit awful comparison with F1 which starts its season way later than WRC.

Usually there are some kinds of snippets of a possible calendar, which is pretty accurate during the second half of the summer. Something what Mr. Holmes referred to in his article in Motorsport Monday. Too much secrecy.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Manager
    Liked 73 Times in 26 Posts
    WRC promoter is launching WRC+ service more on plus.wrc.com
    There are two rules for success
    1. Never tell everything you know.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Will the times/splits be accurate there?