Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
Not sure if this was ironic or not but sure... I agree, he hasn't really been the best in the world to keep it on the road and he has done silly mistakes but he is continously improving regarding consistency.

He also has a small budget and a handicap to work around so I'm at least impressed... He isn't worse this year than Tänak was in his first year or Novikov was when he drove and both of them got a manufacturers seat (and he has less experience than both of those two)
You mean he is not crashing two times per rally but only one now?

Don't want to sound arrogant, I respect what you say of course, but I think it's time to give up on Kubica. He can be fast, he can have not too much experience (but not too less neither, now) but it is clear he can't handle a whole rally. He had almost 25 starts and collects less points than Al Qassimi. How much time should we keep saying "he's fast, it's Pirelli, it's his hand, it's Ford, it's the team, he's unlucky" ignoring he just had a wrong approach to the sport?

My view remain the same: if he had spent these two years to learn, now he could have been in a very different position. Instead he wanted to fight at the top since his very first WRC rally, and this is the result.