Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JWRC 2014

Liked 35 Times in 19 Posts

Re: JWRC 2014

So, any news regarding JWRC for next season?
    Which rallies will count for it? Will they use Citroen DS3 R3T of Ford Fiesta R2?
    https://www.facebook.com/GRallynews

Liked 1,787 Times in 423 Posts

DS3R3T will be for JWRC
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 3,802 Times in 1,690 Posts

It is confirmed it will be R3 car, so there is actually no other chance than Citroen DS3 R3T.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I get the feeling that's a political move by Citroen. The "Citroen Top Driver" trophy felt a lot like their answer to the JWRC using Fiestas. I think Citroen know they missed the boat on driver support programmes, and know they mismanaged Ogier and Neuville, and know they need some way of getting hold of new talent, and so lobbied for the JWRC to use the DS3.

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Monkeys
    I think Citroen know they missed the boat on driver support programmes.
    Citroen is only one, whose driver support programmes is giving WRC drivers...

Liked 29 Times in 8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PLuto
    really ?? elfyn evans ???

tidemand in fiesta r5 from jwrc prize

Quote Originally Posted by adr17
    really ?? elfyn evans ???

tidemand in fiesta r5 from jwrc prize
    Evans and Tidemand are not result of driver support programmes, they only won the starts in R5 as prize in some championship.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

That's as may be, but they have already said they are scaling back their WRC team to focus on the WTCC. At the same time, they are expanding their operations in the JWRC. It might be cheaper to prepare the DS3 R3s, but they would not be doing this if they weren't getting something out of it. Given that their most successful graduate from the programme went on to win a World Championship for another manufacturer (and they lost another to Hyundai), it is understandable that they want to get ahead of the curve and pick up young talent early.

I think Citroen's future in a post-Loeb universe hinges on their finding unpolished drivers that they can smooth out into gems. Loeb's team-mates were either strong mid-pack drivers who could score points for the team, but unable to mount a title challenge of their own; or strong drivers who could potentially take over from Loeb when he retired, but were driven away by mismanagement. So they need to find someone they can mold into a world-class driver and prove that they can win in a WRC without Loeb. Backing the JWRC gives them the means to do that.

That's as may be, but they have already said they are scaling back their WRC team to focus on the WTCC. At the same time, they are expanding their operations in the JWRC. It might be cheaper to prepare the DS3 R3s, but they would not be doing this if they weren't getting something out of it. Given that their most successful graduate from the programme went on to win a World Championship for another manufacturer (and they lost another to Hyundai), it is understandable that they want to get ahead of the curve and pick up young talent early.

I think Citroen's future in a post-Loeb universe hinges on their finding unpolished drivers that they can smooth out into gems. Loeb's team-mates were either strong mid-pack drivers who could score points for the team, but unable to mount a title challenge of their own; or strong drivers who could potentially take over from Loeb when he retired, but were driven away by mismanagement. So they need to find someone they can mold into a world-class driver and prove that they can win in a WRC without Loeb. Backing the JWRC gives them the means to do that.
    Citroën is leaving WRC, they need to develop drivers for longer future...

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Then why suddenly start supporting the JWRC? What can their driver development programme do that others cannot? The would not be spending all of that money building and maintaining DS3 R3s simply for the sake of developing drivers for the sport. M-Sport and Ford could have done that with Fiesta R2s.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the manufacturers withdraw and instead build cars to sell to private teams in the event R5 replaces the WRC class.