Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts

Re: 2013 Korean Grand Prix

Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    He's said the 'I don't follow team orders' bit several times, for instance in the post-race press conference after ignoring the order not to attack VET at Silverstone '11, which made Mark's 'being upset' after Malaysia this year more than just a little hypocritical. The TopGear appearance was earlier this year, so your son probably saw a re-run.
    They'll probably never get along, but at least there seem a little less hostility than at the start of the season. I'd still think it would be the right thing to do to give him a final win if the chance presents ifself, but in the end it's VET's decision to make and now that he doesn't need the points anymore I could see him do it. After all, nobody could have expected that he would be 60 points clear at this time of the season as Lotus and Ferrari were much closer to RB in the early races.
    I agree, Webber is a hypocrite cry baby.
    But Vettel comes off as quite a ruthless fellow. I don't see him as having much empathy. With his obsession for records, I can't see him giving up anything. Considering the WCC is also in the bag, the best that Webber can expect is "Vettel, your gearbox is broken, slow down, let Mark pass."
    Which he would probably do, and then go on to do a fastest lap on the very next lap.

Oh, wait that already happened...

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    the best that Webber can expect is "Vettel, your gearbox is broken, slow down, let Mark pass."
    Which he would probably do, and then go on to do a fastest lap on the very next lap.

#like
    May the forza be with you

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Koz
    I agree, Webber is a hypocrite cry baby.
    But Vettel comes off as quite a ruthless fellow. I don't see him as having much empathy. With his obsession for records, I can't see him giving up anything. Considering the WCC is also in the bag, the best that Webber can expect is "Vettel, your gearbox is broken, slow down, let Mark pass."

I don't think he's really that ruthless. The Malaysia team order was a monumentally stupid idea by the team. To ask a 3-times WDC to gift away 7 points, when two of his three titles were won by less than that and all that in the second race of the season - seriously that's a window-licking idiotic idea. On top of that, the team didn't punish Mark after he disobeyed team orders twice (Silverstone '11, Interlagos '12) why in the name of all that's holy did they expect Vettel to obey team orders. The whole thing was more down to the abysmal leadership skills of Horner, rather than ruthlessness of Vettel.
    What he does have to take the blame for though is the cringeworthy handling of the aftermath with the half-arsed apology after the race and one week later saying Mark didn't deserve to win. He should have said so from the start, because that was the right way to handle it.

Back to the Korea race though. Raikkönen looked sublime (apart from "I hit the wall"). He could be a dark horse for the race. Else, I think Lewis is flattering the Merc's pace. I think he might win pole, but in the race they'll probably go backwards again.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Go quali!! I have Sky streaming on line (along with f1.com timing) and NBCSNHD on the tele, and both broadcasts bro suck. I hope Ferrari can get row three maybe even grid position 4 because the Boss seemed to struggle with balance on ss runs in p3 but matybe him and ice just didn't get clean laps on the softs! Either way I also think Mec. goes backward in race trim!

Evening gurlz

The Ferrari looks like a handful!

Liked 25 Times in 25 Posts

Don't worry. Felipe has been unleashed.

Ok, worry.
    Q: What's worse than a Bully? A: His Sidekick

I think Felipe is very fast, always have. Right now Zo is just so much more consistantly fast.

Felipe, Ice dawg lucky in q2

Poor Mclaren. "How are the mighty fallen"