Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

911 call released

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rumor has it that Mikey tried to blame Robby Gordon.
    "If you can help others, and fail to do so, your time on earth has been wasted" - Roberto Clemente

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle not
    Rumor has it that Mikey tried to blame Robby Gordon.

That wouldn't surprise me.
    "You win some, lose some, and wreck some." - Dale Earnhardt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RaceFanStan
    Hitting a telephone pole at high speed makes for a jolting stop !

It'll buff out.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    He does have the right to a trial, but I must say the court of public opinion has found him guilty. If this case goes to court, I suspect a similar verdict may be in the offing.

IF he pleads no contest, he is admitting he was out of it when he wrecked.

I will say this, I am glad he is ok. After hearing what happened to Gov. Corsign (sic) of NJ, who wasn't wearing his seat belt, you have to thank god Mikey wasn't hurt. He of course was smart enough to be belted up but man, that picture looks AWFUL. I bet he is sore.

I still stand by my earlier thought though Toyota will NOT like this publicity and the fact Mikey didn't notify the cops. AFter being the owner of a team caught cheating, breaking socieities rules doesn't help his image one bit...
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Oshawa
    ..... IF he pleads no contest, he is admitting he was out of it when he wrecked .....
    Please get the charges straight, Michael waltrip has NOT been charged with being "out of it when he wrecked".
    The North Carolina Highway Patrol charged Michael Waltrip with reckless driving and leaving the scene of an accident.
    Michael has admitted to falling asleep while driving, crashing & then going directly home afterwards.
    If Michael Waltrip pleads no contest, he will pay a fine & maybe get some points against his NC driver's license.

You dreamers can imagine whatever you want but the fact is there is no proof to your claims !
    2008 ESPN Stockcar Challenge MSF Champion :D
    2007 Yahoo! Boogity Boogity Boogity Champion :D

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Indeed Stan, that's why he walked away...

I had a friend who did the same, avoided a DUI, well done I say.
    Racing season is soon upon us!:smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I've been reading North Carolina vehicle code on reckless driving and leaving the scene of an accident. I really don't think he'll have too much problem, assuming a good lawyer.
    Reckless driving is a vague catch-all they hit you with when they don't like what happened, sort of like Nascar's 12-4-A (actions detrimental to stock car racing) except North Carolina's courts can't act like the dictatorship that is Nascar. There's the presumption of innocence and intent to commit the infraction. It would be hard to prove someone intended to fall asleep at the wheel of a vehicle a mile from home.
    Leaving the scene of an accident/reporting it probably gets bargained down or goes away because:
    1. The accident was reported by the witness and she told the police that she informed Waltrip that she had.
    2. One look at vehicle, it's clear the roof was bent all the way down to his face and was likely suffering from concussion.
    3. It took NCHP better part of an hour to respond to a probable injury accident.

BTW In the last couple of days Google Earth has upgraded their sat photos two levels in the area, so now you can see every telephone pole on Molly's Backbone Rd.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Regardless of our differing opinions on this matter, isn't is refreshing to be able to express them freely? I tried a few jokes, and the link to the 911 call on the Speed boards, and the hand of corporate/PC asshats slapped me down, multiple times.

Personally, I'd rather argue with folks here over and over than be shut out of my opinion. Cheers for MSF, good board and intelligent and interesting fans. mokin:
    Racing season is soon upon us!:smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Interesting Waltrip has been replaced on Trading Paint. Did this just happen this week or previously?

david