Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nice to see a guy who can race like Ryan back on the grid, as for the team ,I don't see any improvement.
    Keep it fast, keep it real!!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewdawg727
    we'll find out for sure with Briscoe piloting the machine if it was the driver or the car ...
    Unlike when Weldon was driving the National Guard car and it still did not crack P1... It's not the driver in that team it's the team that is the issue...
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    Actually, Panther Racing is not a terrible team at all.

In 2004, they had a fast car but we all know how big friends Tomas Scheckter was with the wall. In 2005 the same Scheckter sat on the pole three times and even won a race. In 2006 they were a little slower but consistency gave them a 5th place in the championship with Vitor Meira, in 2007 Vitor was the victim of bad luck lots of times, when things went alright the Delphi car ran in the top 8 at least and sometimes even in the top 5. In 2008, Vitor nearly won the Indy 500 was often very competitive but bad luck and due to this, inconsistency led to another disappointing result in the championship. In 2009, Dan Wheldon ran in the top 10 regularly and finished second at Indy, in 2010 Ed Carpenter drove to pole and almost won the race at Kentucky, Dan Wheldon finished second at Indy and Chicagoland and finished third at Kentucky Speedway right behind Carpenter. And in 2011, J.R. as a rookie finished second at Indy making it a 4-time in a row second place finishes for Panther Racing at Indy. Last year, J.R. had a good run sometimes, when he was mistake free, so he was this year at Long Beach when he finished 5th. I'll tell you, the problem was J.R. and not the Panther Racing team at all. It's not Ganassi or Penske but the #4 isn't a bad ride at all.
    Maybe you should go back farther to when Sam Hornish was driving the #4 car. But it was not the National Guard car then it was Pennzoil with a Hot Driver and the best engine in the field. I stated the National Guard car from 2008 to current when the field was even and everyone drives a Dallara. The team is junk and needs to look at itself and not just the driver....
    The Only True Triple Crown Winner-- Al Unser Sr. 1978- Indy 500, Pocono 500, Ontario 500

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    So what's next for JR Hildebrand? Could he still have a future in NASCAR or sports cars?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Panther seems to have some pretty significant team related issues. Since his death, Wheldon has been a bit over-rated in retrospect - BUT, he should have been a serious contender on that team and he wasn't even close. Meira before him wasn't (yes, he was a notch or two below Wheldon, but he had the capability to deliver results). I think Hildebrand has/had the raw talent - but I also think that the way the team works (or disfunction's) destroyed his confidence and brought out the bonehead in him. There is no question he has suffered from some serious brain fade. Realistically, he had to go - I just hope he gets another chance (like Briscoe - who, as pointed out in another forum, suffered quite a bit of brain fade in his time also).....

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    So what's next for JR Hildebrand? Could he still have a future in NASCAR or sports cars?
    Sports cars maybe.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Panther racing fired another driver? wow, imagine that...

good to see Ryan back though, i'm surprised Panther waited this long to "pounce" on him
    2009 Truck Pick'em Champion

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixent
    Maybe you should go back farther to when Sam Hornish was driving the #4 car. But it was not the National Guard car then it was Pennzoil with a Hot Driver and the best engine in the field. I stated the National Guard car from 2008 to current when the field was even and everyone drives a Dallara. The team is junk and needs to look at itself and not just the driver....
    Sam Hornish Jr. was simply amazing, he was my favorite driver until he went to NASCAR.
    October 16th, 2011 - One of the blackest days in the history of motorsports.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heliocastroneves#3
    Sam Hornish Jr. was simply amazing, he was my favorite driver until he went to NASCAR.
    Sam just clicked with that team or maybe more like he clicked with Pancho Carter who was his spotter and coach. He could drive that car almost anyway but his weak point according to Team Penskes actions was street and road courses.

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Panther is quite good at oval track set-up (particularly Indy), but are woefully inept at the road course / street course set-ups.