Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 33 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by faster69
    Kimi squeezed Perez. It's not like Perez wasn't going to make the corner.

Kimi is gonna get blown away by Vettel next year. Can't wait!!

If you google the word troll, all of your posts show up.

Form is Temporary, Class is Permanent

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kfzmeister
    If you google the word troll, all of your posts show up.
    While his posts are mildly annoying he's just a militant Vettel fanboy. Doesn't make him a troll yet. We have equally fervent Alonso and Hamilton fanboys in here, who feel a need to bash every other driver as a matter of principle. And some of them are long time members. You wouldn't call them trolls, would you?

Anyways, since there were so many people working hard for a donkey, I'll do what most award people do and hand out several of 'em.

The 'A Matter of Principle' Award goes to Pirelli for turning another Grand Prix into a go-as-slow-as-possible-to-keep-position experience. Drivers being forced to go 3-4 seconds slower than possible is ridiculous.

The 'I don't need no stenkin' spacial awareness' Award goes to Mr. Max Chilton. That shunt of Maldonado could have ended very badly.

The 'Arthur Scargill Memorial' Award goes to Fernando Alonso for spending most of the day on strike and going backwards. Without Perez punting Kimi off, he'd have finished an embarrassing 9th.

The 'Oh, the transparentbit goes to the front?' Award goes to Romain Grosjean. He's starting to make Andrea de Cesaris look like a dependable finisher. Four shunts in as many days is ridiculous and he needs a very lengthy timeout.

The 'Your are to blame for this mess' Award goes to GP2 for producing an endless stream of crashkids over the last years. Grosjean, Maldonado, Chilton, Perez - all Alumni of the GP2 school of reckless driving...
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 20 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ioan
    Whatever happened to real racing and overtaking by smart car positioning and out-breaking the opponent?!
    Grosjean seemed pretty capable of out-breaking Ricciardo yesterday.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    I retract my earlier call for Massa, as apparemtly his crash was mechanical related, not error (although the identical one on saturday was still error)

I think Grosjean was unlucky, he made one error, albeit a large one and took another driver out. but Donkey he stays for me.

As for Perez, if you track his race it doesn't look so good - in the 1st couple of laps he twice cut chicanes when Button was alongside making an overtake and had to give up the place. He later pulled agood manouvre on Button and an opportunistic one on Alonso. he was close to over the edge in that one, but got the car up the inside and made the corner. As for the Kimi one, his earlier failed attempt which sent both drivers straight on he was close to getting right, but the 2nd one he came from way further back and Kimi was starting to move over to take the corner when, what to me looked like, an out of control Perez arrived. I don't feel he could have made the apex if Kimi had left him space. Ultimately he was having a decent race, but let himself down by getting a little too reckless IMO. Sutil and a couple of others showed how to make good clean passes. I would like to see the onboard of Kimi's last 5 laps after his puncture
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Fernando for being quite slow for no apparent reason and getting passed easily by Sutil.

Chilton for causing that huge shunt. Grosjean should actually be donkey of the year in general.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Whoever decided Alonso should let Perez pass. It seems that nowadays it's enough to make half a pass.. get yourself alongside your opponent, push him off track and the rest will be done in the office. And of course Perez is a brave hopeless driver. He's not going to win anything so he can afford to take chances like this.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Grosjean I hate to say because I like the guy. Button is doing my head in a bit complaining about his teammate all the time too. Just race!

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Perez - without any doubt.. in my opinion is that he is immature for the job.. first Button, then Alonso then Kimi ... If everyone should be like him, there wouldn't be any cars on the track in the end ..
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jas123f1
    Perez - without any doubt.. in my opinion is that he is immature for the job.. first Button, then Alonso then Kimi ... If everyone should be like him, there wouldn't be any cars on the track in the end ..
    Apart from the fact Perez passed Button with a agreesive but fair move. Caught Alonso sleeping and then was squeezed in a breaking zone by Kimi which is not allowed.

Apart from those things that he did well or wasn't at fault for I agree he was terrible
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13
    Apart from the fact Perez passed Button with a agreesive but fair move. Caught Alonso sleeping and then was squeezed in a breaking zone by Kimi which is not allowed.

Apart from those things that he did well or wasn't at fault for I agree he was terrible
    I thought the Button move stuck. But to do the same on the likes of FA an Kimi, way overoptimistic.
    Not a fan of FA but i must agree that FA did avoid collision by cutting the chicane. And was wrongfully demoted by the stewards.
    Had he not done it, there were several cars behind that might have been involved in the tangle or would just cut the chicane themselves.
    As for Kimi, he used the same line, lap after lap. Perhaps telling Checo not to stick his nose where it does not fit.
    Perez just decided not to notice that. Boneheaded indeed.