Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bezza
    political .
    That's what it's all about though, when you cut to the route cause of terrorism, is it not?
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    That's what it's all about though, when you cut to the route cause of terrorism, is it not?
    Politics? Religion?

Just excuses to behave in such a way if you ask me.
    Niente č vero, tutto č permesso

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Politics? Religion?
    Too closely entwined to seperate........
    Opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    You were very, very quick to start a political debate, Dave. In the circumstances I think that was ill-judged.
    You're entitled to your opinion, personally I felt it entirely justifiable to question the circumstances in which Drummer Rigby died. That doesn't mean I don't care, it doesn't mean I found the crime anything other than horrific. I just don't see that a Diana-esque outpouring of grief for a stranger helps anybody or moves the situation along.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

uppppppppppppppppp
    MĂşi giá»

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    RIP Drummer Lee Rigby - an innocent victim.

Some of the views expressed on here in light of this horrific attack are utterly shameful, your political agendas getting well in the way of having compassion for the people affected by this cowardly attack.
    Really? The fact that not everyone chooses to express some meaningless, impersonal grief towards the victim and his family in each post doesn't mean to say that those individuals lack compassion. I also think it's a shallow mind indeed that doesn't recognise that our wider actions as a country will reap consequences of one sort or another, whether or not that is the case here, or indeed that seeks to deny any sort of discussion as to such events. If you want to read nothing but comments along the lines of 'RIP A TRUE HERO', though probably not written that accurately, may I suggest the Mail Online or the EDL's Twitter account?

Quote Originally Posted by SGWilko
    Too closely entwined to seperate........
    Especially when considering issues relating to events such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    You're entitled to your opinion, personally I felt it entirely justifiable to question the circumstances in which Drummer Rigby died. That doesn't mean I don't care, it doesn't mean I found the crime anything other than horrific. I just don't see that a Diana-esque outpouring of grief for a stranger helps anybody or moves the situation along.
    Exactly.

Liked 677 Times in 473 Posts
    I'm still up in the air as to if this should be considered a terrorist act. It's apparent that the target was not completely indiscriminate, and there was no attempt at multiple targets. As such I would view it more as a murder with political motivations and not a true "terrorist" action.

It's sad that any person loses a life over such things regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    I'm still up in the air as to if this should be considered a terrorist act. It's apparent that the target was not completely indiscriminate, and there was no attempt at multiple targets. As such I would view it more as a murder with political motivations and not a true "terrorist" action.

It's sad that any person loses a life over such things regardless.
    I agree completely. The apparent beheading is, to my mind, the element which has caused a lot of people to class it as terrorism. Many have pointed out that in no way do we class as terrorism attacks against Muslims committed by, for example, English racists.