Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts

Bring back 'Global Warming' (to the UK at least)

Whatever happened to Global warming?

Here in the UK we had our Summer in late March, early April in 2012, it lasted about 2 weeks.

We have already had our Summer this year, which lasted 3 days. Snow is now forecast for the Brecon Beacons tomorrow.

All we get is wind and rain, and i'm getting fed up of it. Bring back Global Warming I say.
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Global warming results in a cooler Europe.

The Gulf Stream which runs from the Caribbean to the North Atlantic carries with it a whole stack of heat which results in that heat translating to warmer weather right across Europe.
    Global Warming in the short term, lessens the potential heat difference between the Arctic and the Equator, slowing down the Gulf Stream and with it, the transference of heat across the Atlantic.

In the long term though, everything will get warmer, which is possibly a good thing. I wanna see Manchester "the Venice of the North", get it's own fleet of gondolas
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 82 Times in 63 Posts
    Quite pleasant here now for this time of the year, although tinder-dry. We haven't received any kind of precipitation since the last snow fall about a month ago
    “If everything's under control, you're going too slow.” Mario Andretti

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    We just survived our coldest April in 120 years (3rd coldest ever recorded). May has mostly been ok - it was 27C here yesterday. Fishing season opened a couple of days ago (no fishing allowed during spawning), but with the cold April that we had there's still ice on many of the lakes. The swift change in temps has made for some windy days. A few hours north of me, the ice from the lake was blown onto shore creating a 3m ice wall that destroyed some of the homes along the shore.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would not mind a bit of warmth and less rain around here, either...
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Don't take off your sayo til the 40th of Mayo
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    The funny thing about global warming is that it explains just about any kind of weather.

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 306 Cosworth
    Whatever happened to Global warming?

Here in the UK we had our Summer in late March, early April in 2012, it lasted about 2 weeks.

We have already had our Summer this year, which lasted 3 days. Snow is now forecast for the Brecon Beacons tomorrow.

All we get is wind and rain, and i'm getting fed up of it. Bring back Global Warming I say.
    Send a note to Al Gore. I'm sure he'll feel your pain.
    Llibertat

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo
    Global warming results in a cooler Europe.

The Gulf Stream which runs from the Caribbean to the North Atlantic carries with it a whole stack of heat which results in that heat translating to warmer weather right across Europe.
    Global Warming in the short term, lessens the potential heat difference between the Arctic and the Equator, slowing down the Gulf Stream and with it, the transference of heat across the Atlantic.

In the long term though, everything will get warmer, which is possibly a good thing. I wanna see Manchester "the Venice of the North", get it's own fleet of gondolas
    The gondolas in Manchester won't happen though. The Demise of the gulf stream effectively turns off the heater for us northern and central Europeans and while it gets warmer in most parts of the world, central and northern Europe can expect near Siberian weather. Jeremy Clarkson of TopGear fame often uses the catch phrase "because of global warming" when describing bad weather and cold temperatures, but it is exactly true. If the gulf stream is weakened, we're seriously effed on this side of the pond.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 34 Times in 15 Posts
    Thanks for brightening my day!
    Twitter - @Rallycameraman