Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts

I thought they were supposed to be faster this year?

So first practice session done, and it's slower than lap record pace around the Indy track.

From the initial announcement:

"From 2013, whilst S2000 cars will still be eligible, the ‘Next-Gen’ cars/engines will then be progressively increased in performance and a turbo ‘over-boost’ facility be incorporated to allow a regulated amount of short power boosts during each race."

I'm a bit disappointed if the boost isn't going to get turned up. Less disappointed about the absence of "push-to-pass", but an extra 50hp for all the cars would really add to the spectacle, and make the cars a lot trickier to drive.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan
    So first practice session done, and it's slower than lap record pace around the Indy track.

From the initial announcement:

"From 2013, whilst S2000 cars will still be eligible, the ‘Next-Gen’ cars/engines will then be progressively increased in performance and a turbo ‘over-boost’ facility be incorporated to allow a regulated amount of short power boosts during each race."

I'm a bit disappointed if the boost isn't going to get turned up. Less disappointed about the absence of "push-to-pass", but an extra 50hp for all the cars would really add to the spectacle, and make the cars a lot trickier to drive.
    I can only assume that nothing has yet been done to boost levels, and that these will be adjusted following the first race.

How do the times of Wood and Griffin compare with those from last year in the same S2000 cars?

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Track conditions are arctic and part of Fp1 was spent scrubbing in tyres from what ive read. Lets wait for qualifying before we make comparisons

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    Track conditions are arctic and part of Fp1 was spent scrubbing in tyres from what ive read. Lets wait for qualifying before we make comparisons
    Indeed. I've just escaped Kent and by all accounts it's pretty grim at the moment. The weather, that is.
    Useful F1 Twitter thingy: http://goo.gl/6PO1u

Liked 106 Times in 60 Posts
    Track temp of 4 degrees in FP2, with the skys getting darker apparently!

Jordan fastest in that session.

uptop h? b?n

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allyc85
    I think we should wait until a weekend when it's not actually snowing.