Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    No, it makes the Red Bull package with Vettel managing that package on the track the best out there by a mile.

Do you honestly think that if Fred or Lewis were in Webbers car that Seb would win?

Considering Fred and Lewy had enough problems beating their own teammates i don't imaigne it would bother vettel one bit.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    No, it makes the Red Bull package with Vettel managing that package on the track the best out there by a mile.

Do you honestly think that if Fred or Lewis were in Webbers car that Seb would win?
    Yes he would. Vettel spent 3 years in that car and knows it inside out. Fernando or Lewis coming over would find themselves in a car they don't know and with no testing allowed they wouldn't have the time to get to know it. As was proven by the late season update last year, the RB is tailor made to fit Vettel's preferences. That would seriously stunt Fernando and Lewis. Can we please stop talking drivers down because we don't like them? Vettel, Alonso, Kimi and Lewis are top-notch drivers in the cars they're currently in - let's leave it that hat.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well vhatever, you might want to also consider how much trouble Vettel had beating Webber in 2010. Just sayin'.
    Either that or quit the trolling.
    I am anaspeptic, pharismotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericombobulation.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    I totally agree with what you are saying here but can't help but think back to your recent comments about Hamilton's misfortune in 2012. He experienced so much bad luck it brought Button well within reach in the points, to which many justified it as meaning they were very close in ability across that season.
    Oh I noticed you had answered me. I don't know, which comments you meant, but I certainly do think Hamilton was much more superior to Button in 2012 than the point standings show.

So Rosberg has had two poles in a row. Early in the season the question was asked - can he learn to untap his speed and deliver in Q3? He has done that recently. Now the question is how consistently he can do that and how much more is Hamilton going to blend into the Mercedes team. But there are of course no guarantees. Button started in 2010 in McLaren with two race wins and a championship lead. But he wasn't going to get more impressive than that later on after further 'settling into the team'.

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    two poles

Formula 1® - The Official F1® Website

4 Lewis Hamilton British Mercedes 50
    9 Nico Rosberg German Mercedes 22

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    Yes he would. Vettel spent 3 years in that car and knows it inside out. Fernando or Lewis coming over would find themselves in a car they don't know and with no testing allowed they wouldn't have the time to get to know it. As was proven by the late season update last year, the RB is tailor made to fit Vettel's preferences. That would seriously stunt Fernando and Lewis. Can we please stop talking drivers down because we don't like them? Vettel, Alonso, Kimi and Lewis are top-notch drivers in the cars they're currently in - let's leave it that hat.
    It didn't take Kimi long to adjust to a new car in 2012.

Liked 146 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85
    It didn't take Kimi long to adjust to a new car in 2012.
    It did. Kimi was very consistent, but not spectacular in 2012. Also, he had pre-season testing to get the hang of the car and the cars haven't changed much since he had left F1.
    как могу я знать что я думаю, пока не слушал что я говорю

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dj_bytedisaster
    It did. Kimi was very consistent, but not spectacular in 2012. Also, he had pre-season testing to get the hang of the car and the cars haven't changed much since he had left F1.
    That is true, but Lewis Hamilton has admitted that it takes time to adjust to driving a new car even if the regs are not much different to last season. Having two years out of the sport like Kimi and then coming back and adjusting back in to things is no mean feat. These guys are some of the best in the world at what they do and I don't think adapting to a different racing environment is quite as easy as some fans would like to believe.

Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    I like the way the McLaren team-mate battle seems to be hotting up. Based on Sauber days it looked like Pérez has a really tyre-friendly driving style - he could both conserve and go fast. I have to say that this year he is sort of showcasing this skill as well - he can both race and conserve tyres without destroying them in the process. This was the case in both Bahrain and Monaco. Everyone needed to save tyres, yet Pérez seemingly didn't do it, went for it, but the tyres didn't go off.

In terms of driving Pérez reminds me a bit of young Montoya. Has speed in pockets, goes for the overtakes, but can get slightly carried away with in in the process and loses points. Pérez was in the process of outracing Button, but Button got the result in the end. The more Pérez overtook, the more it looked like he was getting overambitious and could easily have a crash, which he sadly did.

Harsh learning lesson there - you can race, you can impress and pass, but still have to choose your battles. I hope he can keep this speed he has recently found. Confidence in the car enables driver to be more racy as well as we have seen. But the same questionmark from Sauber days remains thus far - he can be fast, but his ability to get consistent results remains in doubt.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I agree that Perez has an element of Montoya about him.
    I thought he completely overshown Button today. He got stuck in and while top drivers were swanning around say "You cant overtake at Monaco" he showed you can if you are brave.

Shame about the last incident, but he can learn and at least he knew you could attack around Monaco.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy