Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Don't think I'll sign the petition. My house is near a Vapers store. During hot summer days I can't stay with open windows because of the horrible smell coming from there.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Knock-on
    The EU is corrupt and will do whatever the Pharma Lobbiests pay them to do.

Take Snus for example. Allowed in Sweden by EU dispensation and strangly Sweden has the lowest EU rates of Lung Cancer than any other EU country, yet is banned in the rest of the EU. Madness!!!

NRT's (nicotine replacement therapy) have a diabolical success rate for quitting smoking and some like Champix are linked to Mental Health issues and Suicide, yet rake in Millions for GSK, Pizer etc. As these companies spend about 1/2 a billion euros per year on Lobbying the EU, so they are Championed by the Law makers. Disgrace!!!

Then we have eCigs. Most studies have acknowledged the benefits over smoking with a figure of 99% better for you being commonly bandied around. Claims that as a smoking ceasation aid, success rates of 45% are not only claimed but appear to be bourne out by personal observation. Yet the EU seems hell bent on banning them (or at least until GSK and Pizer bring out a expensive, regulated version). Lunacy!!!

With the EU it's always the same old story. Follow the money
    How would Snus be linked to lung cancer? it's chewing tobacco, and i'd expect to see pretty high incidences of mouth and throat cancer and ulcers in Sweden compared to the rest of the EU. maybe it provides an alternative to smoking, hence the lesser rates of lung cancer, but its by no means without its own health risks
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Oral use of Swedish moist snuff (snus) and risk for cancer of the mouth, lung, and pancreas in male construction workers: a retrospective cohort study : The Lancet

No increased risk of Oral cancer either but small increase in Pancreatic cancer.

Still a hell of a lot safer than smoking.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    From my time in Sweden I understood that there were other oral problems associated, primarily dental, but avoiding the big C is definitely a plus

Sent from the moon using a shoe
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Still a hell of a lot safer than smoking.
    so is not smoking
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    From my time in Sweden I understood that there were other oral problems associated, primarily dental, but avoiding the big C is definitely a plus

Sent from the moon using a shoe
    I don't know about these days but many years ago when I was chatting to some Swedes about it, I noticed the effects you mention. Where they pop them under the lip against the gum, it would rot the gum back on the contact area after years of prolonged use.

Not a recommendation to take them up but as I said, a much better alternative to smoking if you wnt to move away from cigarettes.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote
    so is not smoking
    I agree donks but what value to the thread does comments like that bring.

Every adult smoker knows that Cigs are horrid. They are full of scores of poisons and carcinogenic ingredients that will, in all likelyhood, kill you. They are expensive, antisocial, make you and your breath smell, harm other around you in a closed environment and have a plethora of other health issues besides the big C.

Saying it would be better to not smoke is like saying society will be better with no crime. True but pointless.

What eCigs do is offer smokers a way of breaking the cycle of smoking to something 99% less harmful and hopefully provide a step to breaking the addiction and live healthier lives. Surely that's to be encouraged, isn't it?

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Well, it's true, for a start.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Leaving aside notions of corruption, are there any other reasons for the desire to slap such restrictions on the e-cig?

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    about as much as ranting about the EU and lobbyists, where each individual government is just as much in their hands... why else aren't cigarrettes banned?

What eCigs do is offer smokers a way of breaking the cycle of smoking to something 99% less harmful and hopefully provide a step to breaking the addiction and live healthier lives. Surely that's to be encouraged, isn't it?
    Breaking the addiction by taking it pure? Bull**** !
    United in diversity !!!