Quote Originally Posted by Chris R
As for the season. Indycar needs to be Indycar. They should start and end at the best time for Indycar - not because of the NFL or anyone else. I tend to think they ought to race every other weekend from March 1 to Nov 15 more or less....
I disagree with respect to you view on the starting/ending of the season. If the series wants to improve T.V. ratings they need to do their best to avoid having to compete with other sports that would influence their viewership. If IndyCar, as you suggested, schedule their races into September through November, I think that they might as well run most of those races on Saturdays to avoid the NFL. Of course, they then would also be competing with college football on Saturdays. So either way, I think the best option for the series to improve T.V. ratings would be starting the season after the Super Bowl and before the Daytona 500 and ending towards the start of the NFL regular season. This of course would require the series to move and add warm weather races towards the beginning of the calendar.