Page 101 of 107 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1068
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BDunnell
    I give up.

There is no irony in my statements whatsoever. I believe there to be at least a degree of paranoia and fear underlying the desire for gun ownership. Everything I have read in this discussion has borne this out. However, nothing that I have written has been in any sense anti-American. I've been critical of one aspect of your country's laws — that's all. This is also, I'd underline, a matter of my opinion. By contrast, it is a fact that I am in no-sense anti-American. I think I'd know this better than you. So, enough of the 'they're all against us and we don't care' whining. An apology is due. I would never dislike an entire nation.
    Can you at least concede that your statement regarding the Swiss murders/gun laws/and culture can be seen to be anti-American? You basically have said that you can not trust Americans with that statement. Why can you not see that? I suppose for the same reason that you can not see that reasonable people can have differing opinions. Everyone must hold your opinion, or they are wrong/paranoid/fearful/etc.

I am done with this line of the thread.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter
    Now over 1000 posts and to be honest, it seems that many of the pro gun crowd and responsibly gun owners are much more open to compromise than those opposing guns.
    Only one of those advocating the policy, namely Jag_Warrior, has actually come up with anything much beyond what I'd define as 'fiddling in the margins'. In addition, to my eyes it's only Jag_Warrior who, as it were, 'gets it'; who admits there's a problem, who understands the notion of an underlying culture being a contributing factor.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think I know the sense and meaning of my words better than do you, with respect.
    But clearly you do not understand how others interpret your comments.
    The overall technical objective in racing is the achievement of a vehicle configuration, acceptable within the practical interpretation of the rules, which can traverse a given course in a minimum time. -Milliken

Quote Originally Posted by chuck34
    Can you at least concede that your statement regarding the Swiss murders/gun laws/and culture can be seen to be anti-American?
    No, I will not concede that, because it's simply not true.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Only one of those advocating the policy, namely Jag_Warrior, has actually come up with anything much beyond what I'd define as 'fiddling in the margins'. In addition, to my eyes it's only Jag_Warrior who, as it were, 'gets it'; who admits there's a problem, who understands the notion of an underlying culture being a contributing factor.
    I don't believe anyone on this thread has stated that there is no problem. Many of us are merely stating the fact that adding more and more restrictive gun laws on law abiding citizens does NOTHING to solve the problem. And to top it off your "solution" to the problem is completely unworkable, and unrealistic.

But clearly you do not understand how others interpret your comments.
    By contrast, I think I understand exactly why.

I don't believe anyone on this thread has stated that there is no problem. Many of us are merely stating the fact that adding more and more restrictive gun laws on law abiding citizens does NOTHING to solve the problem. And to top it off your "solution" to the problem is completely unworkable, and unrealistic.
    What 'solution' have I proposed, exactly?

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter
    You confuse policy making with the flavor of the day. And then, only if it's YOUR favorite flavor.
    I wouldn't call gun control a flavor of the day unless you think the last 20 years of group/children shootings should be considered recent. Remember the original assault weapons ban came from a preschool shooting spree in 1991 or 1992. And remember we're talking about gun control, not gun prohibition. On those grounds, I'd say political elements that oppose any restrictions are a more radical and intransigent group than anyone advocating a strengthening of regulations.

Liked 646 Times in 511 Posts
    So your point is that since Feinstein is from a larger state, and therefore has a larger voting pool, that she is somehow "better"??????
    No........she represents more individual Americans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b5LzCOc98E
    May the forza be with you

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    What 'solution' have I proposed, exactly?
    Part of the issue with your posts is that you have proposed no solutions, other than wishful thinking. I challenged you, a day or two ago, to bring your solutions forward. You declined to do so.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover