Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts

Rumor: Barrichello to Brazilian Stock Cars

I just saw a Russian language article about a rumor that Rubens may be switching to Brazilian stock cars for 2013. Apparently, he does not have enough sponsorship money for a full year at IndyCar. If this is true, it's quite sad that someone like Rubens Barrichello needs sponsors to have an IndyCar seat.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I read the story someplace else and the indication was that he was just going to run Brazilian stock cars over the winter. I think he has a ride in Indycars for '13.

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ain't a rumor. It is a done deal

Will this be another wake up call out of a long line of wake up calls that the "Press" will ignore and the fans live in denial of?

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyvop
    Ain't a rumor. It is a done deal

Will this be another wake up call out of a long line of wake up calls that the "Press" will ignore and the fans live in denial of?
    Given that Brazil is in the southern hemisphere and would therefor allow two seasons of racing each year if RB chose to do so, have you heard for certain that it's not as indycool says in the post just above yours?
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Just because they are in the Southern Hemisphere, does not mean their season is run October-March. This year the first round was in March and the finale this weekend just passed.
    2nd place in the big quizz challenge!

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's not a rumour, it's now fact. Rubens will drive Brazilian Stock-Car full-time in 2013, with some F1 commentary for Brazilian TV. In terms of scheduling, he could run the Sao Paulo IndyCar race, as he'd be free that weekend, but Indy 500 qualifying clashes with his Stock-Car commitments, so Indy 500 is doubtful. Hopefully, he can run at Sao Paulo in early May.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It's a shame the way this guy has been screwed over. I wish him the best.

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    How do you figure Rubens has been screwed over?

He had an 18 year career in F1, and has more starts (322) than any other F1 driver ever.

On May 23, 2013 he will be 41 years old, and car racing is a young mans game.

Today he should be worth $$,$$$,$$$ and need never work again.
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nem14

On May 23, 2013 he will be 41 years old, and car racing is a young mans game.

Today he should be worth $$,$$$,$$$ and need never work again.
    Clearly, he continues racing simply for the fun of it. I believe when Honda pulled out F1 in 2009, he was going to be left without a seat. He then agreed to race with the successor team in 2009, Brawn GP, simply for the cost of the fuel for his jet plane, and man that was a good decision! He would probably continue racing in IndyCar without much compensation if there was a good seat for him. I hope he will see him at least in Interlagos. Hopefully, there will be a sponsor in Brazil willing to fund a car for him.

Rubens is certainly old, but I believe he is still better than an average IndyCar driver. I was hoping his results would improve in 2013 as he gains experience in IndyCar. It was a good to see him in IndyCar. He had many fans in F1. I assume that some followed him in IndyCar. I wish he succeeded so more drivers would follow him. F1, with only 22 cars on the grid often ends up rejecting very good drivers, but very few end up in IndyCar. I am thinking of the likes of Kamui Kobayashi, Jaime Algesuari, Sebastien Buemi, Nik Heidfeld, etc.