Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: jwrc 2013

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway
    His sister and Alex Gelsomino seems to be dating, maybe that's some of the reason they found money to drive in Rally America?
    Yes, they have plenty of photos together lately so most probably dating.
    On another hand what Alex Gelsomino can bring for Reeves on the table so to drive in Rally America?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex
    WRC-3 is much better for him.
    Agree with you only because he will drive DS3 in the British championship.
    I don't think of big names who will do WRC-3 and make this a strong championship.
    I still favour the JWRC as more balanced trophy.
    Equal cars = strong competition.
    Only young drivers!
    Plus he can get important experience and shine in this championship.

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    For sure WRC-3 will have more strong contenders than JWRC. There is also two fast french guys : Chardonnet and Gilbert. And there will have more young guys from different countries with Citroen International Trophy. I read here that Alessandro Re, Keith Cronin or Stéphane Consani are both interesting, and for sure there will be a lot of others.
    Whereas JWRC is not really interesting ... last year we saw the purviews of JWRC, with not many contenders and weak cars. Maybe there will be one or two fast guys, but the other will be rookies with not a lot of experience (as Kooijman).

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Vino_93 - you are right to some point and view.

What is the calendar of WRC-3? How many events can score? Minimum participants per event?

I don't want to see something like PWRC 2WD winner 2012 - one participant - one winner

I think that the calendar is much more diverse than the JWRC one. This makes the competition a bit more unclear and not same for all the teams - small and big ones. Some can go to more events than others.
    Plus the DS3 is much more expensive car than the Fiesta R2 to run.
    What could be the budget to do JWRC? and for WRC-3?

The JWRC has clear calendar with 6 events.

My opinion is that WRC-3 is something made for the Citroen DS3 (R3T) drivers as alternative of the ex-FIA Academy (R2B).

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgi
    What is the calendar of WRC-3? How many events can score? Minimum participants per event?
    There is no set calendar. It's a little complex, but drivers are free to enter however many events they like, and may choose to enter any of them. However, in order to be eligible for the championship, they must contest at least six events during the season, and their best five results from the first seven events of the season will count.

So, let's say someone in the WRC-3 contests the first eight events of the season - Monte Carlo, Sweden, Mexico, Portugal, Argentina, Greece, Italy and Finland, and they achieve these results:

- 4th in Monte Carlo
    - 2nd in Sweden
    - 9th in Mexico
    - 7th in Portugal
    - 2nd in Argentina
    - 1st in Greece
    - 4th in Italy
    - 3rd in Finland

The five best results from the first seven rallies will count for points, so the ninth place in Mexico and the seventh place in Portugal do not count. Similarly, the third place in Finland doesn't count because it is the eighth rally the driver entered. So, in the end, their 4th place in Monte Carlo, 2nd place in Sweden, 2nd place in Argentina, 1st place in Greece and 4th place in Italy will be the results that count.

I hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgi
    My opinion is that WRC-3 is something made for the Citroen DS3 (R3T) drivers as alternative of the ex-FIA Academy (R2B).
    WRC-3 is made for two-wheel drive cars. However, the DS3 is likely to be a popular choice, because Citroen are running a programme called the "Citroen Top Driver", with the winner being offered a partially-funded drive in the 2014 WRC-2 championship. When the FIA created the WRC-3, it was not intended to be a Citroen-only category, but Citroen have evidently seized the opportunity to start developing young talent and created the Citroen Top Driver programme.

Liked 3,802 Times in 1,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner Monkeys
    There is no set calendar. It's a little complex, but drivers are free to enter however many events they like, and may choose to enter any of them. However, in order to be eligible for the championship, they must contest at least six events during the season, and their best five results from the first seven events of the season will count.

So, let's say someone in the WRC-3 contests the first eight events of the season - Monte Carlo, Sweden, Mexico, Portugal, Argentina, Greece, Italy and Finland, and they achieve these results:

- 4th in Monte Carlo
    - 2nd in Sweden
    - 9th in Mexico
    - 7th in Portugal
    - 2nd in Argentina
    - 1st in Greece
    - 4th in Italy
    - 3rd in Finland

The five best results from the first seven rallies will count for points, so the ninth place in Mexico and the seventh place in Portugal do not count. Similarly, the third place in Finland doesn't count because it is the eighth rally the driver entered. So, in the end, their 4th place in Monte Carlo, 2nd place in Sweden, 2nd place in Argentina, 1st place in Greece and 4th place in Italy will be the results that count.

I hope that makes sense.
    I think you are not correct. For counting it is five best results from first seven NOMINATED events. Driver can start for example in Portugal, but he can "not nominate" this event...

Liked 1,787 Times in 423 Posts
    Yesterday there was an article in Estonian press that Sander Pärn and Kaspar Koitla are both planning to contest JWRC in 2013. Both are still collecting funds.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

Liked 213 Times in 107 Posts
    Both are good drivers, it's a good news !

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford
    Yesterday there was an article in Estonian press that Sander Pärn and Kaspar Koitla are both planning to contest JWRC in 2013. Both are still collecting funds.
    I really hope they will make it.

I'm a bit surprised that there are no news for other possible entries in JWRC so far.

Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    The application process for this year's FIA Junior WRC Championship has begun,……

World Rally Championship - News - Entries invited for 2013 FIA Junior WRC Championship
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa