Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Final Race for Michael Schumacher

After 2 decades of racing, the legend will finally step out of a F1 car never to go back to race again. I think his legacy will be helped by his positive attitude in the last 3 years and for the rest the results would be enough. Ferrari after seeing the depths before becoming champions again, and their form today can largely be attributed to him and the dream team. I will surely miss him a lot, even at his age he still stood up tall to guys 10 years or younger then him. I loved Canada 2011, Monza 2011 and several others. Hopefully he can have a good last race, Brazil 2006 is one of my favorite races a true drive from the back races. Farewell Schumi!

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Hopefully Kimi will tell us about his toilet habits, just like the last time Michael retired
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    deja vu

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Its only his last race in his second career. He will be back in 2016 driving for the HRT team.

You heard it here first
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    My childhood hero, he is still the most complete driver I have ever seen on any grid. I am going to miss him. It's a shame he didn't reach the heights of his first career throughout his second but three years off, being in his forties, incredibly bad luck and a useless Mercedes car for the most part certainly didn't help him. This year has seen a somewhat return to form though he is still not at the level we once witnessed. Still, we saw some really good drives from him throughout his second career, Japan 2010, Canada 2011, Monza 2011, Monaco 2012. I guess what hurts me the most is that in Monaco he proved he could still dice with the big guys and he deserved that pole position. It's a shame about Steward's meddling that he had to start from 6th position as he would have won the race.

The best driver of all time and a true gent. I wish him the best with the rest of his life, I hope it brings him the same happiness he brought to F1 fans throughout the world who witnessed him do his magic over the last 20 years.

Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight
    My childhood hero, he is still the most complete driver I have ever seen on any grid. I am going to miss him. It's a shame he didn't reach the heights of his first career throughout his second but three years off, being in his forties, incredibly bad luck and a useless Mercedes car for the most part certainly didn't help him. This year has seen a somewhat return to form though he is still not at the level we once witnessed. Still, we saw some really good drives from him throughout his second career, Japan 2010, Canada 2011, Monza 2011, Monaco 2011. I guess what hurts me the most is that in Monaco he proved he could still dice with the big guys and he deserved that pole position. It's a shame about Steward's meddling that he had to start from 6th position as he would have won the race.

The best driver of all time and a true gent. I wish him the best with the rest of his life, I hope it brings him the same happiness he brought to F1 fans throughout the world who witnessed him do his magic over the last 20 years.
    Have to agree with this. Followed him since Silverstone 1000kms in 89. When he was driving for Sauber Mercedes in the WSPC. Having being told, whatch out for this kid, he will be massive in a few years. How right they were.

Steve

Liked 80 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    He should never have come back IMO and I think its a good choice by him to call it a day. I would say its sad to see him go, but I don't think we ever had the Michael back we saw in his first career. He is certainly a nicer character these days and maybe if he'd been like that all along he would have been liked a lot more. I wish him well with his family life and hope he accepts and finds something to fill the void of motorsport. Fair well Michael and thanks for the great races.
    Why should he not have came back? He is and was a pure racer from day one, he came back as he still loved to race, and he is still very good at it, its a shame Mercedes couldnt have given him a car that was up to the job. His stats dont read as well now as they did after his 1st retirement but IMO the standing of the man and the racer have been enhanced in his 2nd career.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88
    Michael is lucky he was able to come back just for the sheer fun of it, and I don't agree his second period in the sport has enhanced his career. He had the power of his stats and standing behind him which meant he was able to stay for longer than perhaps he deserved IMHO. You don't have to agree with me on that obviously, and I'm not being anti Schumacher, I just agree its time to call it a day and I feel his legacy would have been a lot stronger had he not come back.
    Well his legacy is still stronger and his stats are still better than any other driver to ever walk the grid so I don't think he should be too bothered about it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He was one of the greatest and the sport owns him a lot. A legend goes and a new one will appear eventually. Best of luck for him!
    There WAS nothing like rallying, Superrally is a joke!

LW Master!!!:champion:

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    While he retired too soon; I think he returned too late.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums