Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles
    Only one little grizzle - I surely won't be getting out of bed at 0500 tomorrow morning to watch. Stupid, stupid timing for southern hemisphere fans. I mean, qualifying wasnt on until 0400 this morning! Only the fanatical and the insomniacs get up to watch telly at that time.

Ok, grizzle done. Carry on.
    Oh, boo-freakin'-hoo!! That would be the time for nearly 3/4s of all the races for me.
    Marco Simoncelli 1987-2011

Liked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gloomyDAY
    Oh, boo-freakin'-hoo!! That would be the time for nearly 3/4s of all the races for me.
    There's always someone with a better tale of woe...

Liked 32 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelred5
    Long stratghts followed by high speed corner= no passing opportunity. Not that I don't love such a corner. I'd like seeing a configuration that continued the straight to turn 15 and see then take 15-18 at much higher speed. IT's still a friggin awesome track.
    Not really.

Bathurst has the Caltex Chase. Suzuka's 130R - Chicane is a similar concept: high speed entry/phase - short chute - lower speed section.

I've always wondered how a Signes and the corner after it could work with 'modern' F1.

But yes, the current section is Mickey Mouse in its execution and no natural flow.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Have I missed something? Is Massa having a gearbox change?

The driver championship chances do look very good for Vettel. However, after a long unpredictable season, I wouldn't make a claim that WDC is a done deal for him yet. I am guessing that most likely, he will increase his points lead over Alonso, but not to extent to win the WDC tomorrow. And then it will be down to whether Vettel's RBR car can run reliably in Brazil to finish the race and collect the points necessary for his win.

I am betting that we will see a podium for Kimi tomorrow.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFamousEccles
    Only one little grizzle - I surely won't be getting out of bed at 0500 tomorrow morning to watch. Stupid, stupid timing for southern hemisphere fans. I mean, qualifying wasnt on until 0400 this morning! Only the fanatical and the insomniacs get up to watch telly at that time.

Ok, grizzle done. Carry on.
    dude,

most of the races I watch here in the US throughout the season are very early in the morning, not to mention FP1, FP3's
    i've gotten used to it and sorta like it now. I watch the races and have the rest of my day freed up
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    Imagine what he will do next year with the Merc !That could be interesting next year !
    Does he push Vettel hard untill tyre change,or does he try to have Vettel on the first lap?

Maybe you know something I dont, what is it that makes you think Merc will have a more competative car next year than McLaren have had this year?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico
    Maybe you know something I dont, what is it that makes you think Merc will have a more competative car next year than McLaren have had this year?
    Are you thinking that the Merc is going to be so un competetive next year that Lewis is going to look a fool ? Merc is bigger than Red Bull in world sales I would think,Hamilton is getting paid twice as much as Vettel,and Merc need to perform! Maybe Ross will move aside and we may see someone with more drive in his place,but i really do not think that Lewis will be out before Quali 3 in next years qualifying,or that he will regret his decision to move ,and it took RB 5 years to get to where they are now .
    Are McLaren ultra reliable ? Mistakes galore,and mechanical failure sujest they have to get rid of Sam Michael,as since he came on board the lucks gone out the back door !

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I watched the qualifying, it was very entertaining with a great duel between Seb and Lewis, hats off to them. Red Bull did a very good job and look good for tomorrow. McLaren seems to has the pace to respond, but as we saw with Jenson reliability is still a big issue. Lotus was a pleasant surprise and who knows, Kimi might get a 2nd win in a row. I am very happy for Michael Schumacher, he did very well. Alonso on the other hand seems quite rattled and was comfortably out-qualified from Felipe. We have to see what happens in the race - it will be very interesting and the track seems challenging.
    Formula 1

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace
    Are you thinking that the Merc is going to be so un competetive next year that Lewis is going to look a fool ? Merc is bigger than Red Bull in world sales I would think,Hamilton is getting paid twice as much as Vettel,and Merc need to perform! Maybe Ross will move aside and we may see someone with more drive in his place,but i really do not think that Lewis will be out before Quali 3 in next years qualifying,or that he will regret his decision to move ,and it took RB 5 years to get to where they are now .
    Are McLaren ultra reliable ? Mistakes galore,and mechanical failure sujest they have to get rid of Sam Michael,as since he came on board the lucks gone out the back door !
    I see it as a huge gamble on Lewis's part and I honestly dont know the answer. I just wondered what it was that made you so positive about the move.
    To give Lewis a shot at WDC next year they will have to build a car that vs the RB, at least has the pace of this years McLaren but is reliable and with fewer team mistakes. I agree that Merc is a huge brand etc and that they need to perform but has that really been any different in previous years? Will (arguably) the quickest driver on the grid be enough to make the difference?

I'm not so sure but I wish I shared your optimism.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Lewis just needs to dive down the inside on the first lap (if hes close enough) and Vettel will let him past seen as he knows he must finish the race. Although i hope he gets some misfortune so it take the title to Brazil.