Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Btcc 2013

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinho
    From what I've seen Dave newsham is going to be in a Toyota, (morgan's team?) and Tom O-C is going to be in one of Gillhams Passats
    No, Newsham is going to be in a Speedworks Toyota. Morgan, of course, will be driving for his family's Ciceley team in 2013 rather than Speedworks. In addition to those you mention, Jack Goff has been confirmed in one of the Gilham Insignias. It's refreshing to see so many campaigns being firmed up at such an early stage, and so much activity in terms of the building of new cars. Some good drivers confirmed, too.

Meanwhile, some very interesting comments from Rob Huff about the difficulties in looking for a touring car drive these days: WTCC champion Rob Huff would consider BTCC return - BTCC news - AUTOSPORT.com

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    Thanks for clearing that up, I must admit I have lost track of some of the teams, especially the Toyotas. Are speedworks new to running the avensis?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

Are speedworks new to running the avensis?
    No. They ran Hughes in 2011, and then Morgan and O'Neill/Hughes in 2012.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurotech
    I've heard MG are trying to get a better driver to back up Plato for next year, does this mean Neate's gone or a 3 car team next season?
    Had you not heard that Neate has left the team. Mr Plato couldn't handle having someone else competitive in the team. If another team member/driver was having more success than him there would be an explosion that none of us could handle.
    Nissan Racing Micra - :smokin:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    He has had competitive teammates but most of them have been inconsistent. Only in the most recent seasons i would say his teammates have been poor. Personally i hope Paul O'Neill will be driving the other MG and i'm sure he will give Plato a run for his money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tixy54
    Had you not heard that Neate has left the team.
    And, confirmed today, set up his own.

Andy Neate establishes own BTCC team for 2013 season - BTCC news - AUTOSPORT.com

Hmmm.

Liked 47 Times in 33 Posts
    interesting stuff, so far we've got a couple of drivers in the Insignias, Neate with a new team, AMD building at least one Astra for use sometime this season, TOC in one of the Passat CC's, more Toyotas and a possible retur for Rob Huff. Next season really could be quite interesting, just in terms of the size of field and variety of cars at the very least
    "I" before "E" except after "C". Weird.

interesting stuff, so far we've got a couple of drivers in the Insignias, Neate with a new team, AMD building at least one Astra for use sometime this season, TOC in one of the Passat CC's, more Toyotas and a possible retur for Rob Huff. Next season really could be quite interesting, just in terms of the size of field and variety of cars at the very least
    There's a lot of activity, that's for sure, especially in the new car-building department. A good thing.

Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Now all we need is some better quality drivers. I like the idea of the car mix (the VW CC choice still puzzles me!) but the mooted driver line ups leave me a little cold.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout:

Quote Originally Posted by I am evil Homer
    Now all we need is some better quality drivers. I like the idea of the car mix (the VW CC choice still puzzles me!) but the mooted driver line ups leave me a little cold.
    Possibly. The return of one or two more of the bigger names would be welcome, but I'm not sure it's realistic.