Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gary_580
    Thats fine until halfway throught the season when NASCAR will move from FOX to ESPN2. ESPN2 is not available on TVU
    The Wheels 'channel' on TVU shows ESPN2 so I'm sure we'll be able to watch the rest of the season on there.

At the moment the quality is pretty poor on Wheels, but when more people start watching (ie when NASCAR is being shown) the quality will improve. I believe this is why the quality on Fox is bad before the green flag drops, but picks up afterward.
    If its got breasts or an engine, its gonna cost you...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi Guys,

Been browsing the forum for a little while and thought I better register.

After 10 minutes on the phone (6 of those on hold) to Setanta they were finally able to tell me the race will be re run in full on Thursday at 3 am (nothing like a prime time spot!).
    Considering they said they've had loads of complaints about this, why did it take them so long to find out when the re run is? I can't be the only one who wanted to know when I was going to see it (ALL of it!) and why are we having to wait over 3 days to see it?

I say bring back NASN for less money and Setanta can stick their extra stuff!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    It was extremely annoying that we got so close to the end and were then cut off. NASN needs to have a contingency plan in place for a rain delay or over-run.
    Hopefully it will just be a one off but was not too happy last night having to watch the end on TVU.
    Message to Ganassi - Get Sterling in the #40 full-time. Those were the days.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Amazing

Phoned Sentanta/NASN during lunch, and asked if and when they will be re broadcasting the whole event. Was told there will be a highlight show at 4pm today.

GREAT, I'm at work, like everyone else on here, are thye just stupid.
    I told them they need to re-run the entire race.
    Stop broadcasting NASCAR in Sentanta Ireland 434.
    Don't stop a live event for a pre-recorded event.
    Put NASCAR back on NASN, and make sure you have dead event behind it to move or cancel. How many times last year did we have to put up with rounders over running, and missing the pre race show.

Oh yes the prerace show, where the hell was that for Bristol.
    COT and all that, we missed it all.

Calm down, deep breathing............
    - :spinhead: Oh he turned him !!!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    unreal......I couldnt even get through to them. Why dont they show the race on Celtic or Rangers TV. Both channels sit empty all weekend then everyone could watch the race (UK & Ireland)
    Still dont know if I should cry or laugh after that last night. Setanta wouldnt be slow in getting in touch with us if we didnt pay them.
    AND they hiked the prices up at the begining of the football season to pay for NEXT years EPL coverage.
    I think it would be easier to get a citizens visa and move to the US rather than getting a decent deal from Setantapants.
    Anyway.....could be worse.......you could drive a Toyota!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwboogityfan
    It was extremely annoying that we got so close to the end and were then cut off. NASN needs to have a contingency plan in place for a rain delay or over-run.
    Hopefully it will just be a one off but was not too happy last night having to watch the end on TVU.
    Erm, you obviously didn't subscribe last season.

This is nothing new. Setanta have your money, they don't care about customer service. Keep paying and keep getting screwed, they are past masters at it...

As a Virgin customer I could pay £15.99 for the thrill of watching highlights, they don't even bother with the live races for us.

I've been using TVU all season so far without any probs.

Julian

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abo
    The Wheels 'channel' on TVU shows ESPN2 so I'm sure we'll be able to watch the rest of the season on there.

At the moment the quality is pretty poor on Wheels, but when more people start watching (ie when NASCAR is being shown) the quality will improve. I believe this is why the quality on Fox is bad before the green flag drops, but picks up afterward.
    I've tried to Busch races on wheels and it was unwatchable. I suspect its due to the bandwidth from wheels to TVU and nothing to do with from TVU to us.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coma
    Hi Guys,

Been browsing the forum for a little while and thought I better register.

After 10 minutes on the phone (6 of those on hold) to Setanta they were finally able to tell me the race will be re run in full on Thursday at 3 am (nothing like a prime time spot!).
    Considering they said they've had loads of complaints about this, why did it take them so long to find out when the re run is? I can't be the only one who wanted to know when I was going to see it (ALL of it!) and why are we having to wait over 3 days to see it?

I say bring back NASN for less money and Setanta can stick their extra stuff!

Couldnt careless when the rerun is, once the result is known its all pointless. Live or nothing i say! Its a bit like the busch, whats to point in showing it AFTER the cup race when your been told the result

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostdancing
    Amazing

Put NASCAR back on NASN,...
    They cant, Setanata only have the rights for UK and Ireland, NASN can be seen in other countries

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by svtbhoy
    unreal......I couldnt even get through to them. Why dont they show the race on Celtic or Rangers TV. Both channels sit empty all weekend then everyone could watch the race (UK & Ireland)
    Still dont know if I should cry or laugh after that last night. Setanta wouldnt be slow in getting in touch with us if we didnt pay them.
    AND they hiked the prices up at the begining of the football season to pay for NEXT years EPL coverage.
    I think it would be easier to get a citizens visa and move to the US rather than getting a decent deal from Setantapants.
    Anyway.....could be worse.......you could drive a Toyota!
    They used Rangers TV at the back end of last year and that channel cuts off at midnight