Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Disgusting is all I have to say

I only subscribe to them to watch the Nascar

I have tonight spoken to Setanta and insisted they give an assurance that this will not happen in the future.

Their "representative" Karen assured me that someone will contact me by telephone or via mail regarding future programming

They informed me that they have had a deluge of complaints tonight regarding this

If they are going to treat customers like this (don't forget the pathetic excuses before the Daytone 500) then its about time someone took them to task.

Rugby - anyone can watch that at any time!!

"Apparently" they will be updating their web site with information regarding this and the repeat here
    http://gb.setanta.com/portal/index/gbhome

Pi**ed off customer of Setanta
    EX Chevvy V8 Owner (Shame really :-()

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not normally a fan of Watchdog but im tempted to contact them over this....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    We spoke to a chap called Justin, he was totally un-aware of what we weer talkinh about, and had to go off and leave me holding for 5 minutes to ask someone else...!!!

He basically said, "the programme has over-run it's time schedule, amd there is nothing they can do about it"

I explained that I pay "a premium" to watch NASCAR and therefore should be privvy to the entitre race, he agreed, and advised that they are trying to get the channel moved to channel 417 (NASN on Sky)

He offered me an address to complain to, my reply - don't worry love, I already have it...!!!!

We were able to get Fox on TVU but the signal was one bar, and the picture/sound kept pausing - this was "More" frustation - close finish
    tho, I can image just how peeved JG is at giving JJ his set up.....ooops..!!

RW
    Go Jeff.....!!!!!
    If I am behind you I am not tailgaiting, I am DRAFTING :hot:

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The annoying thing is, if they do show it again we already know the result!!
    i cant believe i pay 15 quid a month to get treated like this.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just shows what a cr*p company they are

Their web site links to pages don't work half the time and their pages show javascript errors

If they cant get a simple task right how the hell can we expect good service

Pathetic company

All write to Nick at watchdog!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EarWig
    Just shows what a cr*p company they are

Their web site links to pages don't work half the time and their pages show javascript errors

If they cant get a simple task right how the hell can we expect good service

Pathetic company

All write to Nick at watchdog!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/
    Have submitted my report!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    yeah I know- I taped the end of the race and tried to watch it this morning- the frustrating thing is it would have only lasted about another 10-15 minutes and it would have been over anyway, I remember Sky did this a few years ago when they showed CART- the final dozen laps moved to Sky Sports Extra- which cable customers couldn't get at the time

I'm not going to watch 3 hours of NASCAR on the computer so it's paying for Setanta or not seeing it at all for me- given that they show (on average) 4 NNC races a month plus Busch series and now TOCA race days I think I get pretty good VFM- but yeah losing the end of the race..........grrrrrrrrrrrr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have today complained to nasn and to watchdog.

regarding watching nascar on tvu, get a laptop with svideo out and plug it into your tv, did this with the daytona race and although not as good as a normal tv channel it was watchable and was better than nothing. if they improved the quality of the fox feed to tvu i would ditch setantic sports and spend an extra £15 a month on faster broadband.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XM369
    I have today complained to nasn and to watchdog.

regarding watching nascar on tvu, get a laptop with svideo out and plug it into your tv, did this with the daytona race and although not as good as a normal tv channel it was watchable and was better than nothing. if they improved the quality of the fox feed to tvu i would ditch setantic sports and spend an extra £15 a month on faster broadband.

Thats fine until halfway throught the season when NASCAR will move from FOX to ESPN2. ESPN2 is not available on TVU

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This is exactly why I haven't bothered re-subscribing to NASN; I knew they'd start pulling crap like this...

TVU users: check the port settings on your router. I watched the whole race on TVU and it only paused twice, and then only for a few seconds. I'm at work now so I can't check but when I get home I'll post the port numbers you need to open.
    If its got breasts or an engine, its gonna cost you...