Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    think from what I saw Turner's wasnt too bad and didnt merit disqualification but if that is the way the COC is playing it then fine just as long as it is consistent and the likes of Neal etc get the same penalty

as for Jackson you have a 3 lap window to come in, he was flagged at the end of 24, so had potentially 25, 26,27 until he had to come in race ended at the end of 27 so was the guy supposed to come in at the end of 27 and by the end of 25 the smoke had cleared. So IMO the COC was wrong but it would be interesting to hear the mad monk's view on that one
    2009, Jonathan Adam BTCC, marshal at Knockhill Orange dont be seen trackside without it

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i think it was right that turner got excluded and i was gutted for matt but rules are rules
    Following Plato Btcc, Hamilton F1 and Earnhart Jr & Patrick Nascar

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    thanks for the replies guys, i saw the coverage again, but unfortunately, the TV camera's only picked it up when Turkington was already into a slide, so never really got chance to see the initial contact. I just want to say, that i hope we don't get to the point of cars being under investigation for the slightest of contact!

From btcc.net: http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews...m=&searchterm=

[quote="btcc.net"]Officials judged that SEAT&#8217]

Views on this update?
    COMING SOON . . . b2 Original Teile

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Four penalty points is an unprecedented amount for this sort of offence. Is it fair to say that Turner is being made an example of?

In fairness, the amount of contact does need to be reduced this year. Especially now we’re running S2000 spec cars which don’t seem to be able to withstand contact as well as the BTC spec machinery.

Liked 77 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeansBeansBeans
    In fairness, the amount of contact does need to be reduced this year. Especially now we’re running S2000 spec cars which don’t seem to be able to withstand contact as well as the BTC spec machinery.
    In particular, the hatchbacks with rear wheels that are susceptible to contact.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I was standing on the viewing bank clark curve/clearways [freezing cold]and Darren Turner definatly hit Turkington.Bearing in mind Darren Turner had been to the naughty bus for the previous 2 races i was not surprised he was disqualified.Certainly a move i felt at the time warranted a drive through penalty.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I think 4 points may be a little excessive though, how many did reidy get in 2004?

but as mentioned earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by Les
    It sounds like they are jumping hard on people to nip in the bud any sillyness before it gets out of hand.
    Maybe so, but i just hope it doesn't result in boring racing, with everyone being affraid to pass incase they touch the other car.
    COMING SOON . . . b2 Original Teile

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As ever, easy for us armchair enthusiasts to pass judgement. What we don't have is access to information and facts that those who make the decisions have.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Four penalty points is an unprecedented amount for this sort of offence. Is it fair to say that Turner is being made an example of?
    I think you might be on to something there! He did hit quite a few people over the three races though. But drove superbly in race 2.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

As well as being a bit more costly to repair than their predecessors.

I just think Turner needs to find the fine line between being too soft and too aggressive. He got bullied a bit last year as well as having to race for points and backup Plato. This year he's off the leash and is finding his feet properly.
    You lot still here?!